Millions of people in Spain have a Facebook account currently, they will continue to use for years. A question for many is what will happen to an account when the owner of said account or profile dies. The social network allows us to have this already planned before that moment arrives, so that we can decide what will happen.
As with a Google account, we can plan what is going to happen with our Facebook account before passing away. This way we will have nothing to worry about, as we are the ones who decide on the destination of that account in the social network and the data in it.
How to activate dark mode on Facebook for AndroidThe dark mode of Facebook for Android finally arrives for all users. These are the steps to activate this dark mode in the app.
Decide what will happen to your Facebook account
If you want to have already decided what you are going to switch to your Facebook account in the future, the application on Android allows us to make this decision. In the application we find a series of options available, about what will happen with this account in the future. Having this already decided can take away a worry and thus choose the option that best suits you. The steps to follow to do this are:
- Open Facebook on Android.
- Click on the top three horizontal stripes.
- Go to Settings and Privacy.
- Go into Settings.
- Look for the section called Ownership and control of the account.
- Go to Memorial Account Settings.
- Choose the desired option:
- Legacy Contact: Choose the person who will manage your profile when you die. You can choose from this tool the contact in question that you want to have that control and become a commemorative profile.
- Delete account when pass away: A clear option. Your account on the social network will be deleted when you die.
When someone dies, if you have chosen to give control to another contact, said account becomes a commemorative account. This means that it does not work like a normal profile, but rather an account in honor of this person, informing about details such as when the funeral or some ceremony in honor of said person is held. In addition, Facebook allows you to specify the time that the account will remain active before it is closed.
In the second option, said account will be closed when the owner dies. By using this option, you are sending a request to the social network for that account to be deleted when that person has passed away.
The entry What will happen to your Facebook account when you die? So you can adjust it appears first in The Free Android.