If you are looking for how disable special keys in Windows 10 It is because you may not be seeing them as practical or that you are finding it especially annoying to use them, especially if you usually go to shooters or some video games in which you have to use the shift key many times for any of the game’s functions, or if you use an application where you need this key.
They are keys that have existed since the first versions of Windows and continue in the most recent versions, including Windows 10. Therefore, we are going to tell you what the keys consist of. special keys or Sticky Keys and how to deactivate them because you have already tired of having them on your computer (or because they hinder you).
What are they and what are they for?
The Windows 10 special keys They are keys that do not correspond to the usual numbers or letters, and that if they are merged in combinations, special functions can be made with them, such as delete, print screen, tab, upper case, Ctrl key, the Windows logo and others.
With the keyboard shortcuts you can perform quick actions by combining these special keys depending on what you want to do. This makes it easier for you to do certain things, so it is especially useful for many people and many specific needs, such as wanting to copy and paste something easily.
The special keys improve accessibility when executing the keyboard shortcuts for which you have to press several keys at the same time, because instead of having to do it at the same time you can press one key after another.
This feature started to be used initially for people who have a physical disability or for those who want to avoid repetitive strain injuries. Thus, keyboard commands can be used by pressing one button after another and not at the same time. If you are a clumsy person, need it or find this practical function, you will appreciate it. However, if not, it may be annoying or unnecessary.
How to disable them
If you have decided that you want to get rid of the special keys once and for all because it bothers you rather than being practical, we are going to discuss two methods to make your wishes possible. One is the fast method, which if it is already activated on your computer will make things much easier for you, and the other is the conventional method in case you prefer it or the previous one does not work for you.
To use the quick method you have to press the key Shift (Shift) on 5 times. A screen will appear asking you if you want to activate the special keys, what they are for, and you have the option to give it yes or no. What you have to do is go to the option that appears before yes or no, which is disable keyboard shortcut in accessibility keyboard settings.
If you access this function, it will appear in the setting keyboard. You will see an option of Use special keys. With it, it allows you to press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts. You just have to press On or Off. If it appears Activated, you are using the special keys. Hit it again to make it appear disabled. It is done.
To find the control panel you can go to Beginning, you navigate the wheel until Windows System appears and you will see the control panel option. If you don’t want to complicate yourself, search control Panel in the search engine.
In control panel, look for the option accessibility. It may be the last one you see on the screen. Press accessibility. Select the option that says Change keyboard operation. You are already in the option of Facilitate the use of the keyboard.
You will find an option that says Make keyboard typing easier and in it the option Activate Sticky Keys marked. You just have to hit it again and deactivate the special keys.
You can also configure special keys if you want to change another configuration option instead of deactivating them. Once you have deactivated the special keys, click on apply and accept. Now you can start enjoying your computer without the annoying special keys.
If you want it to be easy to reactivate, you just have to click to allow the shortcut key to start the special keys.
If all you want is to deactivate the shortcut of capital letters because it is what bothers you, you only have to go to “Activate Special keys when the Shift key is pressed five times” and deactivate this option. Thus, you can get rid of the problem of this key without having to give up the special keys.
How to activate them again
If you have left the special keys function activated, to use the function you just have to press Shift key 5 times in a row and give to Yes on the screen that appears (the same one that you accessed by the quick method to deactivate them). In this way, when you are going to use a keyboard shortcut you can do it key by key instead of all at once.
If you don’t have the option to allow the shortcut key to start the special keys, no matter how much you hit Shift, it will do absolutely nothing. You may have removed it because it bothered you, because it was like that on your computer or simply without realizing it.
What if you want to activate the special keys function and the trick of hitting the Shift key 5 times does not work? Simple, just go to Control panel, accessibility and where does it say Use special keys activate it. If you want it to be easier for you to activate or deactivate you can click Allow shortcut key to launch special keys.
Special key options
When activating the special keys, you will find the following possibilities that it can be practical to activate or deactivate at your convenience.
- Allow shortcut key to launch special keys. To be able to more easily access this function by pressing the Shift key 5 times to activate or deactivate.
- Show the Sticky Keys icon on the Taskbar. Thus, you will see it easier and more accessible from the task bar where you will have other icons of your interest.
- Lock modifier key when pressed twice in a row. It is a function that you may need on occasion, so it may be interesting to activate it.
- Disable special keys by pressing 2 keys at the same time. You can activate it in case you need to deactivate the special keys on specific occasions without having to go back to accessibility and follow the steps each time you want to do this.
- Play a sound when a modifier key is pressed or released (if you are easily startled or bothered by noise, turn this option off).
If you do not remember which are the most recognized special keys or what each one of them works for, we are going to refresh your memory by reminding you which are the most commonly used and what their practical operation is. Each can be combined with others to create special functions and make Windows 10 easier for you to operate, so we briefly introduce them to you.
Some special or control keys to facilitate certain functions are:
- Alt (alternative). It modifies the operation of alphanumeric and function keys to obtain alternative functions or characters different from those that are done with the other modifier keys.
- Enter (get in). Indicates that you have finished writing, activates menu options, executes programs or files, etc.
- Recoil. Deletes or deletes the character to the left of the insertion point.
- bloq NUM (locks or unlocks the functions of the numeric keys that are in the right zone of the expanded keyboard).
- Caps LOCK (changes to uppercase or lowercase depending on whether it is activated or not).
- Shift (modifies the action of the alphanumeric keys if they are pressed at the same time). You can perform various functions in combination with other keys.
- Ctrl (Control). Creates special actions if pressed with function keys. For example, Ctrl + C is copy, Ctrl + V is paste, Crtl + G is save, and so on.
- Alt Gr (graphic alternative). Modify the operation of some alphanumeric keys to get special characters marked at the bottom right of these keys (such as brackets, at, and others).
The post Do they bother you? Kill Sticky Keys in Windows 10 appeared first on ADSLZone.