WhatsApp Web is the desktop version of the application messaging, which allows you to use the app in the browser on the computer, as we already told you. A version known to users in Spain, but as with the normal version of the application, it can also suffer a series of problems in its operation.
If you ever use WhatsApp Web, it is possible that have you encountered any of their problems more common. Therefore, if on any occasion you have had errors when using this version of the application, we leave you with a series of solutions to try so that everything works again.
Complete guide to WhatsApp Web: use it from your computerDiscover all the essential information about WhatsApp Web and how to take advantage of this version of the messaging app.
One of the most common problems when you use WhatsApp Web is that there is a bad connection. Either the computer or the phone that has this bad connection, but this prevents you from using this version of the messaging application. When the connection is bad, the application usually displays a warning in the upper left, saying that either the mobile phone or the computer has no connection.
- Check the connection: The warning that the connection is bad may be something true, so it is good to check if your connection, both on the phone and on the computer, works well. If there are connection problems in one of them, try using another one (going from data to WiFi, for example).
- Has the mobile app been closed?: There are times when this notice is given that you do not have a connection, although it is possible that you have closed WhatsApp on your phone, which prevents it from synchronizing with the computer version. If you have closed it, you have to open it again, so that everything works well.
WhatsApp Web does not issue notifications
When you use WhatsApp Web, notifications are issued in this version on the computer when you get a message. Although the notifications in this version depend on the browser. This means that there are several aspects to check, which explain the reasons why you do not receive notifications when you use this version of the app on your computer.
- Internet connection: If the connection has dropped at any time, either on the phone or on the PC, you will not receive notifications. So check if the connection is working fine, so that the two apps sync.
- Notifications blocked?: You may have blocked or muted notifications in your browser, so that when you receive a message on WhatsApp Web, no notification is issued to your account. Check in the browser if this is the case, if so, unblock the notifications again.
- Blocked in Windows 10: It may be something from your operating system, not the browser, that makes you not receive notifications. In systems like Windows 10 you have a function called Concentration Assistant, a kind of Do Not Disturb Mode, which if you have it activated, blocks notifications.
Solutions to the most common problems in WhatsAppIf when using WhatsApp on your Android phone you encounter any of these problems, we will show you what to do to solve it.
There is another session open
WhatsApp Web is used in the browser on your computer, while you have the application open on your phone. Although it is possible that on some occasion if you try to enter a different browser, it will not let you do it. The reason for this is that you already have an open session in the application, since for now it is impossible to have two sessions or tabs open with the application.
- Use the browser you always use: If you are using another browser, open the browser that you usually always use to enter WhatsApp Web. If it is in the same browser, check the other tabs, because it is open in another.
- Sign off: If you get this message in the usual browser and it prevents you from opening the app, it is best to log out from the Android app, since this way you will have to start again and enter again, without any problems.
- It’s you?: If you do not have WhatsApp Web open anywhere, but you come across this notice that there is another session open, it could happen that someone has accessed it without your permission. Therefore, it is best to close that session, to prevent another person from continuing to use your account.
The entry The most common problems of WhatsApp Web and how to solve them appears first in The Free Android.