The operating system, the processor, the HDD wave RAM are part of hardware of a computer equipment. But they are not just there. Knowing the information about them can help us for many things. For example, to get an idea of their performance with certain programs, with which applications they are compatible, etc. Here, we will give you the details to know the information of the system of your computer and the components hardware in Windows 10.
The features Y Technical specifications of a computer must be mastered by any user who makes logical and continuous use of their equipment, as well as by someone who is genuinely interested in its care and behavior. Contrary to what many people think, this type of knowledge is not limited to professionals in the sector.
Why is it important to know the hardware resources
Knowing what specific elements our computer has and how they work is important for very basic things. The reasons can be varied.
Sometimes we know the make and model of the processor, RAM or graphics card. We think it is enough, but it is convenient to go a little further and inquire into the technical characteristics of each one. This helps us to compare our computer with other computers and get an idea of the performance we can expect from it.
It is possible that our pc is also in its last moments of usefulness and we want to extend its life a little. If we know anything else about the system information, it is possible to determine if any upgrade it could be used for the pc to give us a few more months of service.
The same happens when it comes to install a program or game. Not all applications are compatible with our computer nor will they perform at the required level. We can save ourselves a disappointment if we know these specifications in advance. This information can even be used to test another operating system, as long as the pc allows it.
This is quite easy to find out and we ourselves hold the key to such knowledge. In Windows 10, the system itself can provide us with this information. But there are also other third-party methods and applications that will make the job easier.
Know the hardware with Windows 10
As we say, the operating system itself Windows 10 allows us to access hardware information and resources natively.
With control panel
First of all, we are going to resort to one of the most classic and simple methods, the Control Panel.
- In the search bar, located next to the Windows start icon, we type control Panel.
- Next, several options will open to us. We click on the section Security system and then in System.
Here we will find information about the processor that our equipment has, the RAM or the type of operating system that we are using.
With Windows Settings
Another way to get to this point is through the data provided by access to the Windows 10 configuration itself.
- In this case, we will go to the Windows start icon that is located in the lower left part of the screen.
- When we deploy it we click on Windows Settings, which is the gear-shaped symbol.
- Several available options will open. We will click on System.
- From here, in the left sidebar, we will scroll with the mouse until we reach the last of the sections, which is called About.
Here we will have information similar to that found in the Control Panel. This is the case of RAM, processor or type of operating system. We will also find a little further down with the Windows specifications, which will inform us about the version of the system, as well as the moment it was installed.
With the DirectX tool
This resource is a Direct X diagnostic tool, that details us a lot of information about the system that we have installed, as well as the hardware resources in Windows 10.
- To do this, we will have to open the application Run. We can reach it with the command key Windows + R or by typing Run in the Windows search bar located next to the start icon.
- Once this box has been opened, we write in it Dxdiag and press Accept or Enter. We will have to wait a few seconds and, automatically, a window will appear where we will be shown a large part of the technical specifications and hardware resources of our equipment.
- It is a fairly complete and detailed tool, where the information is organized by tabs. In total we have four: System, Display, Sound and Input. We can manually access each of them, or through the buttons below.
Here, the data we have is much broader than in the previous two options. We will know information about the manufacturer of our equipment, the graphics card, the sound card, the BIOS model, the peripheral inputs available, the drivers, etc.
With Command Prompt
We also have access to extended information through the application of the Symbol of the system.
- We can access here from the Windows search bar located next to the Start icon.
- Here we write Command Prompt and we select the option with the mouse.
- When the window has been executed, we must type the systeminfo command and press Enter. The information corresponding to the hardware resources will begin to load and in a few seconds all the data related to the RAM memory, the processor, the operating system, the manufacturer, the BIOS version, much more will appear in detail.
The information displayed here will be quite extensive and we will find extra data about the configured time zone, the network cards, the physical and virtual memory, or the language. To exit, we just have to close the window.
With System Information
The following tool is one of the most complete that we are going to use to learn more about the hardware in Windows 10. Here, the data and information related to the hardware of our computer will be quite extensive. It is called System information.
- From the Windows search bar we have to type System information and click on the option that appears. This tool can also be opened if we activate the Run window with the Windows key + R. Now, we will write msinfo32.
Here the issue is that the information is very broad and we must investigate to get to what we need. For example, to install a specific program.
In option System Summary we find the usefulness of the RAM or the processor. If we unfold the tabs, we will see how new sections and subsections appear. We will also see details about the Resources hardware available, the Components (edit) or the Software environment.
The post So you can know the information about your PC hardware in Windows 10 appeared first on ADSLZone.