If you are passionate about music and you love to use SpotifyIt may be that sometime you have crossed your mind to upload a song, well, we are going to tell you how you can do to upload your own music to this platform, either as an artist or simply as music that we have sworn in our device.
And with Spotify we can upload music as an artist and rub shoulders with everyone that is currently on this network or use our storage to make it work as a player, being able to upload music in MP3, MP4 and M4P formats.
Upload songs from local files to Spotify
To get local files that we have in our storage in Spotify, we must follow a few simple steps, always keeping in mind that it has to be with the desktop version for Windows and knowing that, if we have one Spotify Premium account, local content can be listened to on other mobile devices.
- We’re going to Setting, by clicking on the drop-down of our profile.
- Now what we have is to find where it says Local files and enable it.
- Then we will see how we get the possibility of activating downloadsWell, that is precisely what we have to do. From now on all the songs on MP3, MP4 or M4P that are added in the Windows Downloads folder, they will be added to the list of local Files that appears in our Library.
- Then we must synchronize the mobile devices creating a new playlist with the songs that we have in local files. To do this we select the songs that we want to add to the playlist and when we have them we right-click on any of them and click Add to playlist.
- Then we must click on New list and we create it with the name that best suits us.
- Once we do this, it will appear on the mobile. In order to listen to it, we must download it by clicking on Download when entering said playlist. If you’re not Spotify Premium, you will not be able to do it.
How to upload music as an artist
If what we want is to upload our own music as one more Spotify artist, we will have to resort to external platforms to manage the songs we want to upload. These will keep a percentage of the profits obtained both for the purchase of music and for reproduction in some cases and in others what you have is a kind of annual flat fee.
Although the management is in the hands of digital distributors since 2019, the truth is that we can create an Artist profile that can serve us for many interesting things.
We only have to perform these steps:
- We access Spotify for Artist and click on the three vertical stripes that appear in the upper right part of the image.
- Then we click on Get Access and then in Continue.
- Now we enter with our account or create a new one, that is up to everyone’s taste.
- Right after we click on Yes, claim it and Yes, continue.
- We must indicate if we are an artist or manager and we will also have to link our profile to a website and a Twitter or Instagram account, all to verify your identity.
In about 15 days you will receive a confirmation email of the whole process by Spotify to permanently open your new Artist account.
Thanks to this Artist profile you will be able to have certain faculties extras in your profile, you can announce concerts or events those that you are going to attend so that your followers know and since Spotify has agreements with Ticketmaster, for example, tickets could even be sold if necessary.
But to all this we must add that thanks to this account you can sell merchandising, ask to appear on the playlist and therefore improve the audience for your songs.
Own music on Spotify
As we already told you lines above, we must go to a digital distributor to be able to have our music on Spotify. We advise you to read very well all the conditions that they put us to choose the one that best suits all our needs.
Uploading music is practically the same on all platforms. First of all we will have to sign up as artists and once this is done we will upload our songs. The songs must be in a good quality, minimum 320 kbps, and the format should be FLAC or MP3, In most occasions.
The normal is add photos as covers of different sizes, as indicated by the distributor with which we work. Once all this is done, it only remains to publish the music and what Spotify approves to our music so that it begins to appear.
Distributors to upload music
Some of the best platforms to upload our music can be:
- DistroKid– This distributor works on Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Pandora, Amazon, Instagram, YouTube, Tidal, iHeartRadio, Deezer and several more. in this case the profits are 100% for the artist, only paying $ 11.99 for uploading unlimited albums and songs for one year.
- TuneCore– Upload music to Spotify, iTunes / Apple Music, Tidal, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, TikTok, Claro Music and other websites. the artist keeps 100% of the profits, although he charges $ 9.99 for simple and $ 29.99 per album.
- Ditto Music: we can upload our music to Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon and Deezer, keeping 100% of what we earn. The first 30 days they do not charge us anything and then the price is 19 euros a year if you are an artist, if you are a manager they will be 29 euros per year by 2 artists and 69 euros a year for 5.
- CDbaby: this platform works with Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Amazon, Pandora, YouTube and Deezer among many others. Prices move in the $ 9.99 in the standard version and $ 29.95 in the Pro version, for the launch of a song. If you choose an album they will be $ 21.75 in the standard and $ 51.75 in the Pro version.
- Indiefy: in this case it is capable of placing our music on Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Instagram, Amazon Music, YouTube and Deezer among many more. There is a free version that only allows you to upload 3 songs per month and distribute them only on 7 platforms. We also have a paid one that costs 9.99 euros per month without any limitation.
The post So we can upload songs to Spotify appeared first on ADSLZone.