Since Google introduced Android 11 many months have passed. In this time the different brands have been able to modify it and adapt it to their own interfaces. This is the case of OPPO with Color OS 11, the version of its interface that works on Android 11.
Color OS 11: new features of the OPPO interface based on Android 11We tell you about the changes and improvements that will come to OPPO mobiles in Spain and other countries with the update to Android 11 and Color OS 11.
We have analyzed this firmware and we tell you what new features it has, differentiating those that come with Android 11 as standard and those that are typical of OPPO.
What’s new in Android 11
Most mobile brands have chosen to implement all the new features of Android 11 in their layers, but with OPPO there is an inconvenience.
We do not have active by default notification bubbles that allows us to chat without leaving other apps. We can activate them in the settings, but they do not work well when responding since the keyboard does not appear.
The rest of the main functions we do have:
- Notification history: Notifications will be saved in this section of the settings, so that they can be consulted at any time.
- Conversations Section: in the upper area of the notifications those of the messaging apps will be grouped, above those of other apps.
- Resizable PiP mode: we can change the size of the Picture in Picture window by sliding from the bottom corners of it.
- Better privacy: Privacy settings, permissions, location, all this has now been redesigned to increase the security of our data.
- Home automation control: OPPO has chosen to put the Google Home controls on the power button, although it seems that it does not go as fast as in other interfaces.
- Shared multimedia widget: In the notification curtain, if we open two music apps, for example, they stack next to each other, taking up less space.
What’s new in Color OS 11
Like the rest of the manufacturers, OPPO has added functions on top of Android 11, especially related to the customization possibilities.
- Translation: With a gesture of 3 fingers on the screen, we can activate the Google Lens translation mode by sending the screenshot taken to the Google app, which will automatically highlight the text.
- Customizable dark mode: Unlike other brands, OPPO not only offers a dark mode in the interface, but also allows you to customize it in a very intense way, with different tones, icons …
- Advanced Always on Display: something similar happens with the always active mode, which not only lets us choose the design, but also the position of elements, tones …
- Floating windows: we have not just one type of mini window, but two, perfect for video calls or messaging apps. Both are activated from the Android 11 multitasking window.
- Photo wallpapers: When we take a photo we can use it to extract the colors and create automatic, very minimalist wallpapers.
- Change system colors: OPPO has borrowed a great idea from OnePlus, that of allowing you to change the system icons and their shape.
- Personalization of icons and fingerprint sensor: in the same way we can change the icons, the shape, the type, the animation of the fingerprint sensor …
- App organizer: within the app drawer we can choose to see them in alphabetical order, in order of installation or to show us the most used ones first.
- Game Space: when entering the games, the space for them will start, which allows us to control notifications and other parameters when we are playing.
- New battery management: OPPO has stood out for the high charging speeds of its mobiles but now it gives us the option to better control the way in which its mobiles are charged, allowing only up to 80% of this charge to reach during the night, to maintain life battery life as high as possible. 100% will be reached just before we get up, by analyzing our usage.
There are more changes, minor, such as being able to fire the camera with the volume buttons, and absences, such as the OPPO Lab app in Color OS 7 that allowed you to create custom tones.
As you can see, OPPO has worked a lot on Color OS 11, although there are still things to improve, such as the behavior of the notification bubbles.
The entry OPPO and Android 11: we analyze the new interface Color OS 11 appears first in The Free Android.