The presentation of the Xiaomi Mi 11, which will arrive in Spain in 2021, is not the only novelty that Xiaomi brings today. The brand has made MIUI 12.5 official at this event, the new version of its customization layer, which was already confirmed a few weeks ago, was going to arrive with this new phone.
MIUI 12.5 is a new version of this interface, where we find a series of novelties. An improvement in performance, privacy, new appearance and functions such as desktop mode are some of the novelties that Xiaomi leaves us in this update, which is already launched in beta form for some phones.
These 21 Xiaomi phones will be the first to update to MIUI 12.5MIUI 12.5 will be officially presented today and Xiaomi already opens the registration period for the closed beta for 21 phones within its catalog.
This is MIUI 12.5
Xiaomi leaves us with new features and improvements in MIUI 12.5. Both an improvement in performance, which allows this interface to work better on phones, as well as some news in the form of new functions or features for it. These are the news announced today:
- performance: MIUI 12.5 is a lighter and faster version of the interface. It is a version that promises to work better on all phones, also the most modest ones, with good performance and more moderate power consumption at all times.
- Less bloatware: One of the great novelties is that the amount of bloatware on mobiles is reduced with this version. The number of applications that cannot be uninstalled from the phone is much less than in other interfaces or operating systems, allowing the user to choose which apps they want to have or not. There are pre-installed applications that can be uninstalled in this version of the interface.
- New Live Wallpapers: Xiaomi introduces new animated wallpapers with images of some of the highest and best-known mountains in the world, such as Everest or K2. These funds show us as the daylight advances on said mountain, allowing us to see the evolution of time on them.
- Animals for notifications: One of the most original functions in the new version of the interface are the sounds of animals such as birds, elephants or bears, which can be used as a notification sound on the phone. There is a wide selection of animals to choose from.
- Animated icons: The visual aspect is one of the keys in MIUI 12.5, as can be seen in the new animated icons that are introduced in it. Xiaomi leaves us with animated icons simulating fluids or an hourglass in the clock application, for example.
- Vibration: The vibration in the customization layer is improved with a more natural feeling, which will allow you a vibration that comes from all four directions, for a better feeling.
- Desktop mode: One of the most anticipated improvements that finally comes to Xiaomi phones. A desktop mode that can make you think of Samsung’s DeX. Opening documents on both devices or synchronizing them, as well as controlling them is somewhat possible in this mode.
- Privacy: Xiaomi improves privacy in MIUI 12.5, with functions such as file protection (secure folders), preventing access to the user’s location, protection when browsing and more. In addition to improving permissions, to prevent an app from using too many permissions.
Which Xiaomi phones will update
Xiaomi opens today the MIUI 12.5 closed beta for a total of 21 phones in China, as confirmed a few hours ago. The first phones that will have access to this beta are:
- Xiaomi Mi 10, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra and Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition.
- Redmi K30, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30 Pro 5G, Redmi K30i 5Gv, Redmi K30S Ultra and Redmi K30 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 9 and Xiaomi Mi 9 SE.
- Xiaomi Mi CC9e and Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro.
- Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro.
- Redmi 10X 5G and Redmi 10X Pro 5G.
- Redmi Note 9 5G.
- Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 7 Pro.
It is expected to reach more models in 2021, before launching its stable version, which will probably arrive in February.
The MIUI 12.5 entry is official: these are the news of the Xiaomi interface appears first in The Free Android.