Google translate is an essential tool on the Android phones of users in Spain. This application has been updated over the years with a multitude of functions, such as instant transcribing. When doing a translation on the phone, it is common for us to find the application and open it, although there is a faster way.
Like many applications on Android, Google Translate has a widget. In this case it is a customizable widget, which we can configure to our liking and thus have access to a specific translation on the phone, for example. This will help make using the translator faster.
Google Translate in depth: everything you need to knowIf you want to use Google Translate in the best way on your Android phone, we will tell you everything you need to know about this application.
Customize the Google Translate widget
The Google Translate widget is different from others that we have available on Android, because it can act as four different shortcuts. When selecting the widget, we are given four functions to choose from, each with its own language combination. This will allow a more comfortable use, by being able to quickly open the application on our phone when necessary. These are the combinations it gives us:
- Keyboard icon: it is the written translation, which allows you to open the application in its normal mode, that is, we will have to write the word or text to be translated.
- Camera icon: is the camera translation. Using this widget will open the app directly in the translation mode with the camera, to take a picture of what we want to translate or point with the camera.
- Microphones icon: is the conversation mode of Google Translate. It will open the translator directly in conversation mode.
- Pencil icon: is the written translation, in this case handwritten. This allows you to write “drawing” on the keyboard the words to be translated.
These options assume that you can create a different widget, each with one of those functions of the application. They work as a direct access to these features of Google Translate, allowing you to get the most out of the application on Android.
How to translate the text of an image on your Android mobileIf you want to translate the text of an image, that you have stored or that you are viewing, you can use your Android phone for it in these two ways.
How to activate this widget
If you want to be able to use this versatile widget On your Android mobile, the steps to activate it are simple. As we have mentioned before, you can create several widgets if you want, based on what translation function you want to use. The steps are the following:
- Go to the phone’s home screen.
- Hold somewhere blank.
- Tap Widgets at the bottom of the screen.
- Search Google translator.
- Click on your widget.
- Drag it to the place on the screen where you want to place it.
- Open the widget.
- Select the function you want to use and the languages.
With these steps we have already placed said widget on the screen from our phone. In case we want to have more than one, we just have to repeat these steps and then choose the function for which we want to create that shortcut in Android.
The entry How to use the Google Translate widget on your Android mobile appears first in The Free Android.