The Google Chromecast is great for see all of the content from the mobile device to the tvbut it has one indispensable requirement: a WiFi network to connect to. Does your house not have a connection or you’ve moved the Google Chromecast to a different location? No problem, you can configure it with the help of your smartphone.
Few devices can do better service for so little money as that offers the Google Chromecast. This small player HDMI you can convert any tv into a Smart TV controlled from your mobile Android, iPhone or even from your computer. Watch Netflix on the big screen, to project the phone’s screen, send the recorded videos to your tv and much more: the Chromecast is you can squeeze out of a multitude of ways. And it is not essential that you have WiFi in your house (or where you use it) because you can run a simple trick: mount a wireless access point from the mobile.
Register your Google Chromecast with the Wi-fi of the mobile
To start a Google Chromecast that it is essential a connection to the Internetthis is final. For this reason, it is usual to register the device with the home network or from work, depending on which television is installed. All the process is done from the application Google Home, an app that is available for Android and also for iOS. And the settings of your home WiFi network can be replaced by the telephone network, if you put a access point on your Android (or iPhone). This is what is called WiFi tethering or sharing the mobile Internet.
The process for using a Google Chromecast without WiFi at home or work is the following:
- Download the app Google Home to a second telephone, which shall be exercised in ‘configurator’.
- Connect the Google Chromecast to an HDMI-free tv and give them current with the charging USB cable (or by connecting it to a free USB of the tv or to a charger).
- Go in the settings of your mobile phone and search options ‘Area WiFi laptop’. This function can be renamed to ‘WiFi access Point’ or similar.
- Configures the connection with a password and activate the access point: from that moment on you will be sharing the details of your fare. Don’t worry, set up the Google Chromecast does not consume just data.
- Connect from the second phone to the WiFi network that you’ve created in your mobile. Make sure that Google Play does not take the opportunity to update applications and that this mobile does not try to be updated taking advantage of the WiFi.
- Open the app Google Home and click on the icon of ‘+’, the top of the screen, on the left side.
- Click on ‘Configure device’. After, click on ‘Set up new device’, choose your house and go to ‘Next’.
- The Google Chromecast should show up available. Click on it and check the code that will appear on the tv.
- Select the WiFi that you’ve created in your mobile, enter the password if necessary and you will already have configured the Google Chromecast.
- Disconnected the second phone of the WiFi network that you created so that there are no problems of consumption data.
From this point you can use your Google Chromecast with only activate the WiFi access point of your mobile: you will see the share icon with the Chromecast (at the top right of apps like YouTube or Netflix) so that you press there and you see the content on tv. In addition, you can share the screen of your mobile opening the app Google Home, choosing the Chromecast and clicking on the icon bottom of the ‘Send my screen’.
The possibilities are enormous: you can watch Netflix on the tv, project Disney+send almost any Internet video or display YouTube, for example. Yes, you must be a very important aspect in mind:
Tricks and tips for using the google Chromecast without WiFi
A simple mobile is enough and to spare to meet the need of WiFi, you have already seen: once you activate the access point that the Chromecast will connect to it with all its possibilities. Given that the connection only provides your phone, if the Google Chromecast uses the Internet will pull your data; with the risk that you will run out of rate in hours: the streaming gobbles up a huge amount of MB.
You can use the Chromecast and your mobile phone without problems I recommend you follow the following tips:
- Limited to the maximum content of Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ and similar that you share with the Chromecast since the HDMI will pull your Internet connection. Our advice is that you monitor the consumption of your carrier constantly.
- Share the screen of your mobile does not consume Internet not to see streaming content on the phone. You can project photos from your gallery, the videos and even the movies you’ve saved on the storage: everything that does not spend MB of the fee.
- You can use applications such as Web Video Caster to send to the Chromecast the content that you have stored locally on your phone. Remember, this does not consume the Internet.
- Google Photos you can share with your Chromecast everything that is in your folder gallery. This does not consume mobile data.
- Limiting the consumption data of the access point from the anchoring options for WiFi, in the configurator of your phone. You can also limit it from the data plan options, in the settings of mobile networks.
it was originally published in