When we are using our data rate and we choose to watch a movie on one of the main streaming platforms that we have in our country, we can always suffer a megas drop that we have associates for that month that leaves us quite touched in that sense. Well, there are ways for us to see Netflix, HBO, Disnety + and others consuming less data.
We are currently in the golden age of streaming platforms to watch movies, series or documentaries, since we have many options, each more interesting. The problem is that, if we do not have a WiFi signal nearby, when using the data provided by our company (unless it is unlimited) we may have a problem and consume too many when we get to see something of this type of services.
That is why it is convenient to configure each of them to ensure that they consume as little as possible if we are in a hurry or a little less to get our rate to last the full month.
Actually we have many streaming platforms at our disposal, but we all have in mind those that we can consider as the main ones, those that we all have hired or that we plan to do. Well, there will be a way to limit the consumption of data in many of them, in one way or another.
The best-known streaming platform is undoubtedly Netflix. In this case, the consumptions move in different directions depending on how we have the resolution configured within the application.
- Short: Approximately 0.3 GB per hour on each device.
- Half: 0.7 GB per hour for each device that plays your content.
- high: up to 3 GB per hour in HD and 7 GB per hour if we opt for Ultra HD.
- Automatic: automatically adjusts to offer the highest possible quality based on the speed of our Internet connection.
We can modify these parameters from our web browser by following these simple steps:
- We open Netflix and let’s Account.
- On Profile and parental control we select our profile.
- Then we give in Change on the Playback settings.
- Then we select the configuration we need to then click on Keep.
We can also choose the mobile as a way to vary between different options for this we will do the following:
- We open the Netflix application and click on our profile, which comes out in the upper left.
- Then we will App settings.
- Now click on Use of mobile data and we select the option that best suits us.
- Automatic: so that the app decides depending on the quality of the connection.
- WiFi only: so that the content can only be seen if we are connected to a WiFi network.
- Save data: View about 6 hours per GB of data.
- Maximum data: The amount of data is not limited here. It can consume 1 GB for every 20 minutes or even more.
Disney + also allows us to save data from the mobile phone application or from the tablet. The way to achieve this is extremely simple and we only have to carry out the following steps:
- We open Disney + on our smartphone.
- Then we started session if we need it, then choose our profile.
- Now we click on the button of our profile that is in the lower right corner.
- Then we click on the option App settings.
- Now in the section Use of mobile data We choose the option that interests us the most, taking into account that with which we are going to save the most is if we click on Save data, since if we choose WiFi only We can only use the app when we are connected to a WiFi network.
Apple’s streaming service also consumes a lot if we have it at the highest quality, but fortunately it offers us a way to ensure that it does not consume so much and thus save on our data rate.
We can also choose download content that we want to see previously and thus the consumption of our data rate will be zero, since we will have it saved on our device prematurely and having used a WiFi connection.
But even so we have a way to change the quality of content reproduction and thus achieve less consumption.
- We open the Settings of iOS.
- Then we look for the section TV and click on it.
- Once inside we have to identify where the section is ITunes video and press.
- Then we click on Mobile data to finally select the one that best suits you.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is another well-known platform that also allows us, within its mobile phone application, to limit consumption and thus ensure that our rate does not melt quickly.
- We must enter the Prime Video app.
- Then we click on My space, which is at the bottom right of the screen.
- Then it is time to click on the cogwheel that comes out in the upper right.
- Once inside we select Playback and download.
- Now is the time to click Streaming playback quality.
- Now we will have several options.
- Optimal: consuming 0.46 GB per hour.
- Best: with 0.33 GB per hour.
- Good: which uses 0.27 GB every hour.
- Data saving: with 0.14 GB in one hour.
- Undoubtedly, each one must choose the one that best suits them, but if we want to save megabytes we must really choose Data saving.
With HBO we must be the ones who self-limit our data consumption, since the application does not have any type of saving system so the best solution is to download what we are going to see in advance.
- We access HBO with our user account.
- We see what content we want to download and we access the file from the movie or series.
- In the upper right part of the title the button will appear. download, which we must press.
- Thus we will already have the content downloaded and we can enjoy it without consuming anything.
If what you like is to watch sports streaming, it is clear that DAZN is a great option. In addition, from the application itself it allows us to limit the data we consume, so we can enjoy this service without consuming our entire rate.
- We access the DAZN app.
- Next we have to click on Menu.
- Now we will see a section that says Data saving in which we must enter.
- Then we will be the ones to choose which of the options is the one that best suits our needs, but obviously the the lowest is the one that consumes the least.
This is another case, as happened with HBO, in which the best way to save is to download what we are going to see in advance, since we do not have any specific place to save data. Filmin adapts to the speed of the connection to offer different qualities fully automatically.
- We choose the content, accessing the app.
- Now we enter it and then we will see that next to Play there is a download icon, which we must press.
- Later we accept the permits of Filmin, if you ask us and we repeat this process in all the content that you want to have in your storage.
- Now we just have to go to My Downloads to be able to see it.
The post How to reduce consumption of the main streaming platforms appeared first on ADSLZone.