After WhatsApp started to upgrade their service to allow calls of up to eight participantsthe novelty now comes to all users of the beta to allow them to call and videollamar to a larger group of users. In particular, WhatsApp has doubled the number of participants. And it is not complicated to activate this new feature.
Group video calls are causing a sensation this confinement. And it is not surprising, as they allow dilute the distances and bring us closer to our loved onesthe only way that we have to leave the house and visit them. Zoom, Houseparty or Google Meetmany are the services that are used when a group of people is broad. Although now also serves WhatsApp: the platform has enabled the calls and group video calls of up to eight participants. Do you want to test them? It’s really simple, we teach you.
Download WhatsApp beta 2.20.135
Yesterday, Tuesday we gave you the news that WhatsApp had started the activation of calls and group video calls of up to eight people. Yes, he was in a very small group of users: while one of our mobile had the possibility, the rest kept up the limit of four. And that changed after the publication of the new beta on Google Play: WhatsApp active the eight participants with the version 2.20.135: just install it and ready.
The process is very simple: with a few steps you will be conversing with micro and video in a group of up to eight people. Only you must do the following:
- Download the latest beta of WhatsApp, which corresponds with the version 2.20.135. If you are not targeted to the beta (you can do even on Androiddownload the application from Apk Mirror.
- All participants of the calls should have the final beta: make sure before you establish the communication.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the section of calls.
- Tap the ‘+’ at the bottom right and then click ‘New group call’.
- Choose the seven contacts that call. Once selected, tap the phone icon or on the camera, depending on the communication you desire (calls or video calls).
- The communication will be established and all will go to a rack of up to eight thumbnails (in the case of the video). If you are not yet completed the eight you can invite more participants.
We have been testing the video call at eight, and it has seemed to us that its operation is appropriate. Sound and video as stable as with the phone calls foureasy to make and with the advantage that there is no software to install again: most people already have WhatsApp on your phone.
Remember that you can only make calls and group video calls of up to eight participants with the latest beta of WhatsApp. All of you have it installed before you call.
- Price: Free
- Developer: WhatsApp
- Download: For Android on Google Play
it was originally published in