Problem: How to fix the high CPU consumption of WSAPPX?
Hello. I have recently updated my Windows 10 to its latest updates and have noticed that it is running quite slowly. When I open the task manager, I notice that there is a wsappx process consuming almost 90% of my CPU usage!
When I click on it, the AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) and WSAPPX appear. What is it and how can I turn it off? If not, how can I fix the high CPU consumption by the service AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC)? Any help would be appreciated.
Wsappx is a process that you can find running in the background (Task Manager) at any time when your Windows 10 or Windows 8 / 8.1 computer starts. It is an important part of the operating system and is responsible for installing, uninstalling, and updating applications from the Microsoft Store. However, it is not necessary when all of the above operations are not in use.
AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) is one of the services that you can find running under the wsappx process in the Task Manager. If you are running Windows 8, you can also see Windows Store Service (WSService), while if you are using Windows 10 you can find Client License Service (ClipSVC).
Regardless of the operating system you are running, AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) is the service that can cause high CPU consumption on the computer. However, turning it off may not be an optional solution, as Windows can update a variety of applications in the background. Also, by disabling the Wsappx services, you can cause the Microsoft Store to malfunction as well.
You can fix the high CPU consumption by AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) with the help of the tips below. However, neither solution is permanent, as Microsoft has not provided any explanation as to why wsappx is causing high resource consumption.
Before proceeding with the following AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) solutions, you should ensure that the running wsappx process is not a virus (such as a cryptojacker that mines cryptocurrencies for attackers), as some malware can disguise itself under names legitimate Windows processes. To do this, check your computer with an anti-malware program.
Before getting started with the manual solutions below, remember that some of them can be difficult for a novice user to execute. Therefore, we recommend that you try an automatic solution – such as the repair tool ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
Solution 1. Update Windows to its latest version
Outdated machines can cause a variety of problems, including high CPU consumption by the AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC). Therefore, make sure that your operating system is up to date:
- Right click on the button Start and select Settings
- Go to Updates and Security
- Click on Check for updates
- Wait for Windows to automatically install the updates
- Reboot your computer
Solution 2. Edit Local Group Policy
This option will disable automatic updates for Microsoft Store apps. This is not an optimal solution, but it can help temporarily:
- Press the keys Windows + R
- Write gpedit.msc and press Enter
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Store
- In the right pane, double click on Turn off the Store app
- In the newly opened window, choose the option Enabled and click on To accept
Note: If you want to re-enable automatic updates for the Microsoft Store, go back to the policy for Turn off the Store app, select the option To disable and click on To accept.
Solution 3. Stop applications from updating automatically through the Microsoft Store app
You can disable automatic updates through the Store itself to address high CPU consumption by AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC):
- Open the Microsoft Store
- In the upper right corner, click see more (three horizontal dots)
- Choose Setting
- Do not check the box Automatically update apps to turn off automatic updates
Solution 4. Disable the Superfetch function
Superfetch It is not a mandatory Windows service, although it does provide the data necessary for your applications to move faster. Although useful, this feature can be disabled and some users stated that it has helped them to fix high CPU consumption by wsappx:
- Press the keys Windows + R
- Write services.msc and press Enter
- Swipe and locate Superfetch
- Right click on it and select Properties
- Under start type, choose Disabled
- Click on Finalize and in To accept
Solution 5. Disable Windows Search
If disabling Superfetch has not worked for you and you are still having problems with high CPU consumption, disable the Windows Search service:
- Go back to the list of Services and locate Windows Search
- Right click on it and select Properties
- Under Start type, choose Disabled
- Click on Finalize Y To accept
Solution 6. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Right click on the button Start and select Setting
- Choose Updates and Security
- On the left, choose Problem solver – you will see a list of available troubleshooters on the right
- If you can’t see the list, click Additional Troubleshooters
- Swipe to locate Windows Store apps
- Click on it once and choose Run the troubleshooter
- Wait until Windows runs the check and repairs the Windows Store.
Solution 7. Use the Windows Registry Editor
The Windows Registry is an important database that stores the settings for all programs (both built-in and third-party). Therefore, before editing this database, you should make a backup copy first. Here’s how you can do it:
- Write regedit in Windows search and press Enter
- If the User Account Control, press Yes
- Press File> Export …
- Under To export, choose Everything
- Choose a location and save the file as a backup copy and press Keep.
Now proceed with the following steps:
Note– This will disable the Windows Store. To enable it again, revert the value 1 to value 0 and press To accept.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISP and government from spying on you, you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet being completely anonymous, encrypting all the information, preventing trackers, advertisements, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Unforeseen circumstances can occur at any time while you are using your computer: it could be due to a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD) or random Windows updates that may restart your computer when you are away for a few minutes. As a result, school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To get back your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of the files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.