Problem: How to fix FIFA 22 not running on Windows?
Hi there. I just bought FIFA 22 but when I press play, the game won’t launch. I’m not getting any errors so I don’t know what the problem could be. Any suggestion is appreciated.
FIFA is the most popular multiplayer soccer game on the market developed and released annually by Electronic Arts. Listed in the Guinness World Records as the world’s best-selling video game franchise, the FIFA series has sold more than 325 million copies in 2021.
The most recent installment in this series will be FIFA 22, which will be released on October 1, 2021. The new game has graphics updates and a new HyperMotion technology that adds more than 4,000 animations created from reality. Currently, users can play Early Access to FIFA 22 with a 10 hour free trial. Unfortunately, some PC gamers have had trouble running it.
Players report FIFA 22 crashing on startup, freezing, or not fully running. Some users say that they are getting the error and others say that they cannot identify the problem. Internet forums are rife with complaints and it’s unclear if it’s EA, Windows, or the player’s problem. Some users may need to update their devices or change the settings. But we are sure that you will be able to identify it.
There is a wide range of problems that can cause the game to be unable to run. We assume that you already know what the minimum specifications are to be able to play FIFA22 and if your system meets these requirements.
Since there are many potential causes for this problem, we suggest you use a repair tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 It can check your system automatically to avoid going through all the solutions. This program can identify damaged system components, fix blue screen of death and registry problems, free up space and increase computer performance, so you will be able to get more out of your device when you play games.
If you want to start with the manual solutions to try to fix FIFA 22 not opening, you can start here. Make sure you complete all the steps carefully:
Method 1. Disable third-party anti-virus program
If you have a third-party anti-virus program installed on your system, you should try disabling it and then try launching the game again. In case FIFA 22 runs normally with the antivirus disabled, it will become obvious that the problem was being caused by it. In this scenario, if you want to continue using your antivirus program, simply put the FIFA 22 process in the list of authorized processes.
Method 2. Disable Windows Security for FIFA 22
- Open the menu Beginning and click on Setting
- Locate Updates and Security and go to Windows security
- Choose Protection against viruses and threats and click on Manage Configuration
- Swipe until you find Exclusions, then click Add or remove exclusions
- Tap on + Add an exclusion, choose the process FIFA22.exe and the folder FIFA22
- Go back to Protection against viruses and threats and click on Manage ransomware protection
- Tap on Allow applications to access controlled folders
- Add FIFA22.exe and FIFA22_Trial.exe
Method 3. Run FIFA 22 as Administrator
- Locate the folder FIFA 22 and find the file FIFA22.exe
- Right click and select Properties
- Go to the tab Compatibility and check the box that says Run this program as Administrator
- Click on Apply and in To accept
Method 4. Repair or verify game files
If the game itself is corrupt, it can lead to an unexpected crash or the game crashing on FIFA 22. Here are the steps to check and repair corrupt files on Steam and Origin:
- Run the client Steam
- From the LIBRARY, right click on FIFA 22 and select Properties
- Go to LOCAL FILES and click on Verify the integrity of game files …
- Try to run the game
If you are using Origin:
- Starts Origin And find FIFA 22
- Click on the icon Setting and select Repair
- Try to run the game
Method 5. Disable the overlay
For Origin users:
- Go to My game library And find FIFA 22
- Click on the icon Setting and choose Game Properties
- Uncheck the box Enable Origin in-game for FIFA 22 and click on Keep
For Steam users:
- Click on Steam and then click Parameters
- Go to Inside the game and uncheck the box Enable Steam Overlay while gaming
- Press To accept and try to open the game
Method 6. Clean boot
A clean boot is one of the troubleshooting techniques that helps to identify if the application is causing problems. Typically runs when non-Microsoft products cause software conflicts. A clean boot helps boot the operating system by only loading essential files and programs:
- Press the keys Windows + R, writes msconfig, oh press Enter
- Go to the tab Services and check the box Hide all Microsoft services
- Choose Disable all
- Go to the tab Beginning and open the Task Manager
- Here, right-click on each of the non-Windows entries and select To disable
- Close the Task Manager
- Go to the tab Beginning and select the option Safe boot
- Click on Apply, Accept and reboot your computer
Method 7. Change the value of DirectX_Select
- Locate the file fifasetup.ini
- Open the file using the Memo pad and changes DIRECTX_SELECT = 0 to DIRECTX_SELECT = 1
- If it’s already set to 1, change it to 0
- Save the file and run the game
Method 8. Update your graphics drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can be the cause of the game not being able to run. In this case, you can fix it automatically using DriverFix, which will check if your PC has outdated or missing drivers. Or you can update your network drivers to their latest version manually:
- Click on the start menu and select Device administrator
- Look for an entry in the list that is related to your graphics card; they could be Graphics, Standard VGA Controller, Intel Graphics, AMD Radeon, Nvidia GeForce and another name
- Double click on the graphics card entry and choose the tab Controllers in the new window
- Click on Update Driver
- Choose Automatically search for software drivers and follow the instructions
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online registrars as cookies are not only used by social media platforms and other websites, but also by your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings through your browser, you can be tracked through applications that are connected to the Internet. Also, privacy-focused browsers like Tor are not the optimal choice due to decreased connection speed. The best solution to protect your privacy is Private Internet Access – stay anonymous and safe online.
Data recovery programs are one of the best options that can help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it doesn’t vanish into thin air – it stays on the system as long as there’s no new data to overwrite it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery program that searches for copies of deleted files on your hard drive. By using this tool, you can prevent the loss of valuable documents, school assignments, personal pictures, and other crucial files.