Problem: How to fix Discord audio clipping?
Hi there. Could you help me? I usually use Discord’s push-to-talk option but the audio has started to randomly cut off in the past few weeks. I have tried selecting different audio inputs and outputs, but the problem persists. It is no different on multiple servers, either. I can do something?
Discord’s audio cutoff is a problem that keeps people from having normal communication on the platform. You may experience it due to corrupted audio drivers or after updating Windows. Restarting the program on its own and ensuring that all settings are correct can be helpful, but users reporting this problem have already tried these common and easy solutions before asking for help online.
Discord is a popular voice service (VoIP) platform that has adapted very well to many communities, with gamers taking a large share of its users. In addition to games, the application has also become popular within the work environment – it is also used to have online meetings – especially during the time of the pandemic, which also continues in 2021.
The application has become a favorite due to many advantages over its competitors – it allows users to create their own servers and manage them themselves. Also, multiple channels can be created, with different permissions on the users. Personalization also allows the server owner to change public visibility, making it private if necessary.
That being said, audio dropouts can be a big problem for gamers during their gaming sessions or for people during their online meetings. The sound is cut off during calls on different servers or channels, and it doesn’t matter if you are on a private or public server, or if you are on an audio or video call. In some cases, you may not even hear others on Discord.
Much speculation comes from various computer discussion forums, as the consistency of the problem varies. In some cases, Discord’s audio breaks even make assumptions that the app is a virus or problem. This is not the case.
Most solutions to this problem require restarting the device, the program itself, updating the application, your operating system, or the drivers responsible for the sound and inputs and outputs. You can easily fix Discord audio clipping by changing the server region or altering some settings.
Also, the problem may be caused by the Echo Cancellation setting, which may be interfering with your voice like echo – disabling this feature may help in this case. Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to run this and other solutions.
Automatic and fast solutions
Discord’s audio cutoff is disrupting gameplay and chat conversations, which is key on the platform. You can fix the problem by fixing some issues with system updates, drivers, and settings. Therefore, you can benefit from DriverFix as it can automatically help you with outdated drivers.
You can also try ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 and repair any problems with the operating system files or alterations in system functions. In addition, the application can check your PC for malware and remove it at once (the fact that file system corruption can occur due to damage caused by viruses is well known).
Before proceeding with the solutions, you should make sure that other components and functions of the computer work well:
- Check your headphones /microphone – they may not be properly configured or may simply be malfunctioning. Try a different device to see if the situation improves.
- Make sure your internet connection is properly configured and ping is low. To do this, run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and then check if your ping and internet speed are correct.
1. Disable Echo Cancellation
- Open Discord and go to Settings.
- Choose Voice and Video in the left pane of the window.
- Swipe until you find the section of Voice Processing.
- Here, disable the Echo Cancellation moving the selector to left.
Note that this may result in louder sound, so you should reduce your volume accordingly.
2. Update the audio drivers
- Press the keys Windows + X To find the Device administrator.
- Expand the section Sound, video and game controllers.
- Find the system audio driver and do right click on it.
- Once the menu appears, choose update drivers.
- Choose Automatically search for drivers.
- Wait for the process to finish and then reboot your pc.
3. Restart Discord
- Right click on the button Show hidden icons in the lower right corner of the taskbar.
- Right click on the Discord icon and select Close Discord.
- Reboot your pc.
- You can also locate the Discord processes in the Task Manager and ends all the processes of this activity.
Note that you can also restart your computer and see if this helps you.
4. Modify your region settings
Keep in mind that this can only be used if you have the proper permissions on the server.
- Open Discord and select the arrow next server name.
- Choose Server Settings.
- In the General tab, locate Server region.
- Here, click on Change.
- Select the server you want and finish with Save Changes.
- Try different options to find the one that works.
5. Configure the audio settings in Windows
- Go to the search And find Microphone privacy settings..
- Make sure to turn on the Application settings that can access your microphone and in Allow desktop applications to access your microphone.
6. Reinstall the app
- Writes Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter.
- From the list, find Discord.
- Uninstall the application by right clicking and choosing Uninstall.
- Reboot your PC and then go to Discord official website to download the program again.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISP and government from spying on you, you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet being completely anonymous, encrypting all the information, preventing trackers, advertisements, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Unforeseen circumstances can occur at any time while you are using your computer: it could be due to a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD) or because random Windows updates can restart your computer when you are away for a few minutes. As a result, school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To get back your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of the files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.