Problem: How to fix amdkmdag.sys error in Windows 10?
Hi there. Every time I start my Windows 10 PC, it unexpectedly quits several minutes later with the blue screen amdkmdag.sys. Is there anything that can be done to fix this please?
Many users have complained of getting a blue screen with the amdkmdag.sys error under certain circumstances on Windows 10 computers. As expected from a blue screen error (BSOD), shut down the PC completely, interrupting everything immediately, and force a reboot. At this point, Windows should recover without major problems.
However, this does not always happen, as many users have said that the problem is persistent. According to many reports in various IT forums, this BSOD occurs right after the computer starts up, although others explained that it could appear after a suspension, as well as several random times while browsing the web or watching a video.
In other cases, users experience a black screen with a cursor without seeing the standard blue screen of error, which can make it more difficult to diagnose the problem. However, people say that at this point, they are shown an error code with a file description, eventually.
Amdkmdag.sys unexpected shutdown error is common and can have different error codes, including:
The error codes usually indicate how and when the system shutdown occurred, and the file displayed within the message shows what was responsible for the unexpected shutdown.
In the case of the amdkmdag.sys BSOD, the reasons can be many (similar to a freeze error). This is also highly dependent on the provided error code. Most commonly, shutdowns are associated with corrupted system files, broken drivers, corrupted registry files, and much more.
Therefore, in order to fix the amdkmdag.sys BSOD, you will have to run some troubleshooting. Below are the solutions that can help you get rid of the problem once and for all – start at the top and see which solutions work for you.
Solution 1. Run a check with a PC repair tool
As mentioned before, this particular Blue Screen may be associated with a few error codes. Because of this, finding the culprit for the problem can be quite difficult and fixing the problem may take some time. If you want to try a faster solution, we recommend that you run a system check with a tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
This software is specifically designed to find and replace bad actors and components of the Windows operating system automatically. In this way, you can easily fix BSODs, missing DLLs, registry errors, and much more. Furthermore, it can also remove malware, clean your browsers, and get rid of various junk files on your PC.
Solution 2. Run a System File Checker and DISM
- Writes cmd in Windows search
- Right click on the result of the Symbol of the system and select Execute as an administrator
- If the User Account Control, click on Yes
- In this window, paste the following command:
sfc / scannow
- Press Enter and wait for the check to finish.
- Reboot your PC if errors have been fixed.
If the SFC check returned an error (failed to repair system files), you should try to fix the Windows image instead of running DISM:
- Open the Command Prompt (Administrator)
- Cup and paste the following commands, pressing Enter after each of them:
Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth
Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
- Reboot your pc once done.
Solution 3. Reinstall your graphics drivers
The Amdkmdag.sys error is primarily associated with AMD drivers, although this is not a rule. You should try reinstalling the graphics drivers as follows:
- Right click on Beginning and select Device administrator.
- Expand the section Display adapters.
- Right click in your graphics drivers and select Uninstall device.
- When the alert appears, click Delete the software driver for this device and press Uninstall.
- Reboot your pc.
This should completely remove all of your GPU drivers. Installing new drivers through Device Manager is not recommended, as it often fails to find specific software. Instead, use automated tools like DriverFix or download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Solution 4. Try a clean boot
- Writes msconfig in Windows search and press Enter
- Go to the tab Services
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services and select Disable all
- Go to the tab Beginning and click on Open Task Manager
- In the Task Manager, right-click on each item and select To disable, then close the Task Manager
- Go to the tab Start, choose Safe boot and click on Apply and in To accept.
If the problem stops in this way, it means there is a software conflict. You should try to uninstall the applications that were recently installed to fix the problem.
Solution 5. Check your disk errors
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator again
- Paste the following command and press Enter:
chkdsk / x / f / r
- If the box doesn’t start and you can see the error, type AND and then press Enter.
- Reboot the PC and begins the disk checking process.
Solution 6. Use System Restore
You can try to restore the system – this will take your PC to a previous configuration when the problem does not exist:
- Writes Create a restore point in Windows search and press Enter
- Choose Restore system
- Choose Choose a different restore point and click on Next
- Check the option of Show more restore points and choose the appropriate restore point.
- Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the process. Your PC will restart.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online registrars as cookies are not only used by social media platforms and other websites, but also by your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings through your browser, you can be tracked through applications that are connected to the Internet. Also, privacy-focused browsers like Tor are not the optimal choice due to decreased connection speed. The best solution to protect your privacy is Private Internet Access – stay anonymous and safe online.
Data recovery programs are one of the best options that can help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it doesn’t vanish into thin air – it stays on the system as long as there’s no new data to overwrite it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery program that searches for copies of deleted files on your hard drive. By using this tool, you can prevent the loss of valuable documents, school assignments, personal pictures, and other crucial files.