We are going to try to capture this Pokémon that, as usual with this type of creature, is only visible in special investigations. Niantic launches these mini adventures that have numerous missions and tasks, so it usually takes a few days or even weeks to get the rewards.
Who is Celebi in Pokémon GO
Celebi, which is known as the time traveling Pokémon, is a mythical Pokémon of double type, being its primary type Plant and secondary Psychic. His stats are 210 Attack, 210 Defense, and 200 Health. Unfortunately it lacks grass-type attacks, so its place in the game is primarily as an attacker against fighting-type Pokémon. However, it is tremendously vulnerable against Bug-type Pokémon.
The greatest utility of Celebi is found in counter in raid of Machamp, and although it is surpassed in terms of damage by Pokémon such as Mewtwo, Alakazam and Espeon, its statistics propose it as a viable option when facing the “champion” of the fighting type Pokémon. As fast attacks, it has Confusion and Charge Lightning; and as charged attacks, it possesses Magic Brightness, Hyperbeam and Psychic.
How to catch Celebi in Pokémon GO
For some time now, Celebi has been available in Pokémon GO permanently, through special research. Each one that Niantic launches has its own name, and this one was not going to be less. Under the motto of ‘A ripple in time’, this investigation consists of up to 8 phases that we will go through in an orderly manner until we reach the final reward.
- Power up a Pokémon 5 times (1000xp).
- Fight in a gym 2 times (1000xp).
- Take part in a raid (1000xp).
- Rewards of this phase: 10 Pokéball, 1 Quick Attack TM, and 1 Super Incubator.
- Make 3 new friends (1500xp).
- Evolve 1 already evolved Grass-type Pokémon (1500xp).
- Catch 1 Pokémon 3 days in a row (1500xp).
- Rewards of this phase: 1500 Stardust, 1 Sun Stone and 1 Premium Raid Pass.
- Reach Trainer Level 25 (2000xp).
- Use a Sunstone to evolve Gloom or Sunkern (2000xp).
- Hatch 9 eggs (2000xp).
- Rewards of this phase: 1 encounter with Eevee, 1 Pride Rock and 1 Premium Raid Pass.
- Walk 10km with Eevee as a partner to get candy (2500xp)
- Evolve an Eevee into Espeon during the day (2500xp)
- Send 20 gifts to friends (2500xp)
- Rewards of this phase: 1 encounter with Eevee, 2,500 Stardust, and 1 Metallic Plating.
- Walk 10km with Eevee as a partner to get candy (3000xp).
- Evolve an Eevee into Umbreon at night (3000xp).
- Trade 1 Pokémon (3000xp).
- Rewards of this phase: 1 Star Chunk, 15 Pinia berries and 1 Improvement.
- Visit PokéStops for 7 days in a row (3500xp).
- Use 25 Pinia Berries while catching Pokémon (3500xp).
- Use items to evolve Pokémon 2 times (3500xp).
- Rewards of this phase: 3,500 Stardust, 1 Dragon Scale, and 5 Silver Pinia berries.
- Catch 40 Psychic or Grass-type Pokémon (4000xp).
- Hit 1 Excellent Curve Ball Throw (4000xp).
- Get Johto’s Gold Medal (4000xp).
- Rewards of this phase: 1MT charged attack, 10 Silver Pinia berries and encounter with Celebi.
- Capture Celebi (4500xp).
Rewards for this phase: 5500 Stardust, 1 Super Incubator and 20 Celebi Candies.