How do I request a game refund from PlayStation Store? If you accidentally bought a game or simply regret it, it is indeed possible to request a refund but under certain conditions.
Why ask for a refund?
Almost all online content platforms offer a refund option. The PlayStation Store, Sony’s official store where it is possible to buy PS4 and PS5 games as well as PlayStation Plus subscriptions is also part of it. Here is the procedure to follow if you wish to be reimbursed for your purchase.
For a little while now, Sony has been offering refunds on the PlayStation Store. However, they are subject to certain conditions. We review them and also explain how to request a refund for a purchase from the PS Store.
What are the conditions to be eligible for a refund?
As Sony states on its support page, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to request a refund. If the downloading or streaming of the content has started, you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty. The conditions to be met in order for Sony to accept your refund request.
- You have 14 days from date of purchase to make your reimbursement request (including subscriptions)
- You must not have downloaded the game
- If the game has started downloading, you will not be able to get a refund (that being said, there are some exceptions like with Cyberpunk 2077, until further notice)
- In the case of a subscription, the reimbursement will be made in proportion to the time elapsed since its activation.
How do I request a refund from PlayStation Store?
In order to request a refund for a purchase from PlayStation Store, you must must go through the contact form made available by Sony on its official website.
- Then select PlayStation Store refunds and cancellations
- Fill in the requested information: First and last name, PSN online ID, email address associated with the ID, a contact email address, content type, content name, reason for request, Transaction ID and date of purchase. Pay attention and make sure to fill in these elements correctly then click on To send. Your request will be taken into account and Sony undertakes to answer you favorably or not within 72 hours.
How to get Cyberpunk 2077 reimbursement on PS5 and PS4?
CyberPunk 2077 on both PS4 and PS5 is subject to a refund request. This exceptional measure is allowed since the game came out with a bunch of bugs. Faced with the anger of the players, Sony therefore allows them to be reimbursed, even if it has been downloaded. If you are one of them, just go to this address. Note that it is necessary to have a PlayStation account.