If you need to better organize your time and keep a more exhaustive control of your appointments, the solution is to know how to use Google Calendar, since we will organize our agenda in a simple and very visual way.
One of the most positive parts of Google Calendar is that we will be able to use and manage it from our computer, our mobile or even from a tablet. Thanks to this, the integration and the way of interacting is much easier.
If we have a mobile terminal or a tablet we can download its application with which we will be able to use it. If we are going to manage everything from our computer we must enter calendar.google.com or install the extension for Google Chrome.
How is Google Calendar
As soon as we enter Google Calendar we realize that it is an extremely complete calendar, that we shows seven days in a row for each row. At the top we will have the week we are in, the settings button and a search engine, while on the left side we can see a calendar for the entire month, a section with My calendars, in addition to the Create button, which we will talk about later.
Sign up for Google Calendar
If we enter Google Calendar through a computer All we have to do is log in with a Google account and that account will automatically be associated with the calendar.
If we opt for a Android terminal, we must install the Google Calendar app (if not previously installed) from the Google Play Store. When we have it, we log in with our Google account and everything will be ready to go.
We can get the google calendar in the App Store application store if what we use is an iPhone or an iPad. To be registered we must perform the same task as in the two previous options, that is, use a Google account.
The good thing about Google Calendar is that everything we do on the different devices where we use this calendar, will be synchronized with the others.
We can change the calendar display, being able to choose what we want to see. That is, if we want the format to be by day, week, month or year.
For that we only have to press the drop-down in the upper right part, right next to the icon of a cogwheel, where it should put Week. When we open it, we can choose the form of display that best suits our needs and tastes.
Create an event
This could be the most interesting feature that Google Calendar has. With it we can mark specific days to remind us of all kinds of events that we need.
We have two ways to create an event. One is by pressing the “Create” button or simply clicking on a specific day. in both cases a window will appear where we can:
- Put the appointment name.
- Choose if it is a Event, a Homework or a Reminder. If you have a G Suite account it will also appear Out of the office.
- Assign one date and interval of time in which we are reminded of this event.
- Set guests who also see this event through their Google account.
- Add a video call from Google Meet.
- Insert a Location.
- We can also put a description or Attach files.
Once we complete everything, we just press the button Keep. With this we will achieve that on the day and time set you notify us of that event during the time frame that we have indicated.
Create a calendar
In Google Calendar we can create different calendars for different activities, for example, we can have one for personal use and another for work.
The way to create it is very simple, we just have to:
- Press the plus button which is in the lower left, right next to where it says Other Calendars.
- Then we must click on Create a Calendar.
- Now we must assign a name and we can put a description.
- Once we have created it we will see that it appears on the left side of the screen in the section My Calendars.
- If we want to change its color, we just have to press the three vertical points that appear next to their name and we can put the one we want.
- To choose which calendar appears on the screen, we only have to check or uncheck them according to us estimate.
From here on we will be able to manage each of the calendars with our different events.
We can enter an external calendar from a Url (From url) or importing a file .ics (To import).
Search for events within a calendar
Once we have our events already saved and all the calendars we need, we may need to find a specific event that we do not remember when it is and we want to change the date or remove it because it is no longer necessary.
Well, we can search for events if we write in the search section that it is none other than a magnifying glass that appears next to the information of the week. Once we click on this icon, a bar automatically opens to put what we need to search for an event. As simple as that.
Change start of week
Surely you have noticed that Google Calendar, by default, starts the week on Sunday and runs it until the following Saturday. That can be somewhat annoying for those of us who are used to using the system from Monday to Sunday as in Spain.
This can be changed by following a few very easy steps:
- We are going to Setting by clicking on the icon that is a cogwheel which is in the upper right of the calendar.
- Then we will see on the right side of the screen Display options, place where we must click.
- Now is the time to turn the day on Week starts on. We set Monday as the start. Also, we can put 7 days in Set custom view.
In this way we will already have Monday as the first day of the week and we will see the 7 days that make it up.
As you have been able to read, Google Calendar is a very interesting option to have all the events in one place and to notify us of all of them. In addition, its customization possibilities and the ability to carry it also on mobile devices give it added value.
The post Get better organized thanks to Google Calendar appeared first on ADSLZone.