In our day to day we use Windows and we know how to solve the main errors that appear in the computer but there may be cases in which it is not so and that Error codes appear in Windows that indicate that there is a problem in some aspect. For example, when activating the version or when updating. Or that blue screen reporting a problem. For this reason, it is a good idea to have a list with error codes, their meaning and possible solutions.
Error codes they can appear in any menu or configuration and can be explained or simply be a set of numbers and letters that we do not fully understand. In any case, we can search for the information on the Microsoft support website or we can contact you for help from the configuration section of our computer in each of the sections.
Go to “Setting“And on the right side we will find the” ask for help “button within each section. This will take us to the question and answer screen for that specific topic. For example, how to configure the display or how to fix sound errors, how to fix possible problems that appear with Windows Update, or how to solve account and administration problems.
But in addition, there are a series of interesting codes that should always be on hand if we want to know how to solve them as soon as they appear.
Activation error codes
If you are trying to activate Windows you may there is an error with the product key. These errors are common if your license is not original but can also occur if it is, for various reasons. An error code will appear and each one of them has specific, different characteristics.
- 0xC004F211: Windows reported that the hardware has changed
- 0xC004F212: Product key did not work
- 0xC004F213: The license is associated with the hardware. If you have replaced some of the hardware, Windows may not be able to find the associated license.
- 0x803f7001: A valid license could not be found
- 0xC004C003: Windows 10 product key is invalid
- 0xC004F210, 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210: Product key for a different edition than the one installed. For example, Enterprise version of Windows 10.
- 0xC004FC03: You may not be connected to the Internet for activation
- 0xC004E028: It is already in the activation process
- 0xD0000272, 0xC0000272, 0xc004C012, 0xC004C013, 0xC004C014: Error codes indicating that the activation server is temporarily unavailable. When it works again, it will be activated automatically.
Other common errors: 0xC004C060, 0xC004C4A2, 0xC004C4A2, 0x803FA067L, 0xC004C001, 0xC004C004, 0xC004F004, 0xC004C007, 0xC004F005, 0xC004C00F, 0xC004C010, 0xC004C00E, 0xC004C4A4, 0xC004C4A5, 0xC004B001, 0xC004F010, 0xC004F050. In this case, the errors may be due to the fact that the key cannot be used for Windows and you have to buy a new one. Or that the activation servers were not available and we will have to wait for something else. Another option and solution to these errors, as explained by Microsoft, is that you have updated with a free update offer but it has not been activated with the reinstallation. According to the solutions section, it should be activated automatically.
When updating Windows we may see error codes. Some of the most common that can appear in these cases: 0x80240034; 0x8007000E, 0x80242006, 0x80244018, 0x80D02002, 0x80246017, 0x80240438, 0x80070070, 0x8007000D, 0x80246008, 0x80096004, 0x80070020.
Some of the advice Microsoft gives for these error codes is to free up disk space, for example. Updates may be out of space because there is insufficient storage. Other recommended tips include restarting the computer and run Windows Update again or check external hardware and drivers. Review all of these items to see if an error code has appeared for these causes. In addition, we must also bear in mind that updates require administrator access so check well the accounts that are configured on your Windows computer.
Blue screen messages
Although there are many and the causes can be of all kinds. They can be hardware or software causes. It can be related to peripherals, RAM, drivers or even that your computer has overheated. They also usually appear in case of malware, with update problems, etc.
The most common errors or messages that we find on the blue screen are:
- CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: A critical process has been stopped
- SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Incompatible drivers or software
- IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Incompatible or badly designed drivers.
- PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA: There are incompatible drivers or software or errors in the RAM or motherboard.
- SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION: There are corrupt system files or the software is incompatible. There may be problems with a program or the graphical interface.
Luckily, Windows currently shows us a QR code on the blue screen so we can scan it to find out more details about that error and it will take us to a help page.
Windows Device Manager
The first thing Microsoft advises us in these cases, regardless of the error code that appears, is to run the troubleshooter or update the device driver via Windows Update.
- Code 1. The device is not configured correctly. Cause: The device does not have the drivers installed or they have been configured incorrectly even though it does. The solution in this case would be update the driver from Properties.
- Code 3: The driver for this device could be corrupted. Cause: The controller may be damaged or the computer may be running out of memory. Must break free, close open applications from Task Manager.
- Code 9: Windows cannot identify this hardware. The main cause is that the computer has detected “invalid device identifiers for your hardware”.
- Code 10: The device cannot be started. In this case, the cause is because the hardware key contains an error. It is recommended by Windows to update the driver. Go to Properties> Driver> Update Driver.
- Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. The cause may be due to two devices installed in the computer with the same ports. The solution suggested by Microsoft is to use Device Manager to determine the source of the conflict and “Troubleshoot”.
- Code 14. The device cannot function properly until you restart your computer. The solution, of course, is to restart your computer and start over.
- Code 16: Windows cannot identify all the resources that this device uses. The cause, as the message indicates, is that the device is only “partly” configured and may require additional manual configuration.
- Code 32: The driver for this device has been disabled. The solution, in this case, is to manually reinstall the driver for that device.
The post Windows error code? These are its causes and solutions appeared first on ADSLZone.