It is now the fifth edition of this special event that Niantic organizes in a commemorative way to end the year in the best possible way. Since it was released in 2016, Pokémon GO has always been full of surprises during this format, and this year it cannot be less.
Everything that the Christmas event has in store for Pokémon GO
Among all the news that we are going to find in the Pokémon title for mobile phones, during this Christmas event the main feature will be the appearance of several disguised Pokémon, as well as related to cold. In addition, we will have a exclusive field research event. These are all the announced features, listed one at a time and in a more expanded way:
- Pokemon in Christmas costumes: Pikachu, Delibird and Cubchoo with new Christmas costumes.
- Pokémon that appear wild: lovely Ice-type Pokémon will appear more frequently, like Spheal, Snover, and more. Vanillite will also debut in Pokémon GO.
- Pokémon hatched from 5 km eggs: Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will hatch from these eggs.
- Pokémon that appear in raids: Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal will appear in raids. If you’re lucky, you might even come across a Shiny Jynx.
- Mega Abomasnow: will appear in Mega Raids and will be even more powerful throughout the event.
- Exclusive field investigation of the event: Enjoy event-exclusive field research tasks that reward you with the chance to find Pokémon like Vanillite and Cryogonal.
- Winter-themed avatar items hitting the store: To help you dress up for the holiday season, you’ll have the Greedent Sweater Avatar, Whimsicott Earmuffs, Winter Boots and Winter Coat.
- Christmas Themed Stickers: available at PokéStops, Gifts and the Store. You can find stickers with Vulpix from Alola, Croagunk, Whimsicott and more during the event. You will not be able to get these stickers after the event ends.
- Exclusive event boxes: available in store during the event, check it out for more details.
- Event Exclusive AR Mapping Task Rewards: Complete AR mapping tasks to gain Abomasnow Mega Energy and find Snorunt.
Important dates to keep in mind during the event
First of all, the most important thing for all players to know is the duration of the event in general terms. And it is that the last invention of the year in Niantic will remain active from this December 22th from 08:00 local time and until the next December 31 at 10:00 p.m. local time, right on the edge of New Years Eve.
From here, several events have been prepared within the event that have their own dates and their own schedules, of which we also have official confirmation. For example, we will have various active bonuses to increase our gameplay and a special winter event during the last weekend of the year. Players can take advantage of all of the following to be discussed:
- Open more gifts every day: During the entire event the number of gifts you can open daily will increase to 45.
- Store more gifts: During the entire event the number of gifts you can carry in your Item Bag will increase to 40.
- Double Raid XP: from Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 12:00 am, until Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 11:59 pm (local time).
- Double the Candy per catch: from Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 12:00 am, to Friday, December 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm (local time).
- Double duration of Star Chunks: from Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 12:00 am, until Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 11:59 pm (local time).
- Double Duration of Lucky Egg: from Monday, December 28, 2020 at 12:00 am, until Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm (local time).
- Double Stardust per catch: from Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 12:00 am, to Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm (local time).
As for the special winter event, it will be from Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., to Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., all in local time as always. In it, some of the details will be that Regice returns to raids, there will be more event-exclusive AR mapping task rewards, and Pokémon attracted to incense will appear more frequently.