Despite the changes that are suffering the mobile phone industry, similar to any other, because of the coronavirus, it seems that Google keeps your calendar of Android updates 11. In April it was scheduled for the last of the versions to developers before the launch in may the first beta.
In this way, the company has made it officialndroid 11 Developer Preview 3 through a statement on its website, but maintains the recommendation that only the developers use it, it is too unstable for normal use.
What changes has Android 11 Developer Preview 3?
Google has announced which will be the novelties of this version, at least the most important.
- New APIs that allow applications to detect how and why they were closed for the last time: on error, user action…
- The analysis of dynamic storage GWP-ASan now can be enabled for applications,helping to better manage the memory used by the apps.
- A new ADB Incremental that will facilitate the testing of applications or games large making the installation process on ABS is up to 10 times faster.
- Minor changes in the names of the APIs that are used in the settings for auditing access to data, which allow developers to audit how your applications access and use the data.
- Debugging wireless with ADB over Wifi has been renovated, although some of these improvements already seen above.
How to update to the Developer Preview 3
Google has already given access to the new firmware for download on all models of the Pixel except the original two. As of now, the download links for installation manual are in this section of its website.
- Pixel 4 XL: Image factory — OTA
- Pixel 4: Image of factory — OTA
- Pixel 3rd XL: Image factory — OTA
- Pixel 3a: Image of factory — OTA
- Pixel 3 XL: Image factory — OTA
- Pixel 3: the Image of factory — OTA
- Pixel 2 XL: Image factory — OTA
- Pixel 2: Image factory — OTA
If you are already in the DP of Android 11 we’ll just have to wait for the OTA, something that should be fast, but that may take a few days.
The entry Android 11 Developer Preview 3: what’s new and how to install it first appears in The Android Free.