We already know that there are several types of payment systems, either for mobile telephony or for the web. Well, the giant Amazon also wants its share of the cake and for some years it has offered us Amazon Pay. If you don’t know what it is or how it works, we are going to tell you about it right now.
Amazon Pay aims to be a real alternative to the domain that PayPal has in Internet purchases, since you will not have to give your card number and you will always be protected.
What is Amazon Pay?
Amazon Pay is a service of the e-commerce giant with which we can pay for products and services on a lot of network web pages. Several payment methods can be associated, so we can choose which of all is the most appropriate for each purchase.
We don’t need to do anything special if we already are Amazon Prime customers, that is, the same account is valid for Amazon Pay. If not, we will have to register for this Prime service to also be able to enjoy the paid version.
The system is very secure and if charges are ever executed for which we have not given permission, we can claim it from Amazon. If an item that we buy is not the one that it should or is defective, we must contact the store where we purchased it.
Accepted payment methods
The payment methods that we can have in Amazon Pay are:
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- Debit cards: Visa Electron, Delta and Maestro.
- Direct debit: it must be a valid bank account from a country that belongs to the SEPA area.
The countries that belong to this area are Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Romania, San Marino, Sweden and Switzerland.
Modify payment methods
As we are already registered customers on Amazon Prime, the same payment methods that you use to buy on Amazon are the ones that we will have available to work with Amazon Pay. But if we want to change one of these methods, we are going to do the following:
- We must go to the page Amazon website.
- Now click on Accounts and lists and we select My account.
- Next we must click on Your payments.
- Now that we are on the page where all the payment methods are, Amazon wallet, we can modify the information of a card, name, expiration date and billing address, in addition to deleting it or adding a new one.
- Then we just have to click on Keep and everything will be ready, the changes we have made will already be in memory.
How do you pay?
The payment system is very simple and practically the same as the one we have in PayPal. We are going to go to one of the stores that are associated with this type of payment, we choose what we like and when it is time to pay we must choose Amazon Pay as a method to be charged.
Automatically will open the Amazon website, where they will ask us for the corresponding data, that is, email and password of your account. After that we should choose what we want to pay with from among the cards we have or if we prefer we can mark the bank account.
Once this is done, we will proceed to the payment and we do not even have to put any of our data, nor the address to which we want it to be sent, since Amazon sends it to the buyer automatically.
Amazon Pay website
On the Amazon Pay website we will be able to manage everything we pay thanks to this method. We will see a list with all the transactions we have made, having at our disposal the date, the amount, the seller and the condition where you are.
The different States that we can see are divided into a first part that indicates the activity of the account and another where it shows us the detail of the order:
- Open / Charge pending: means that the order is open, since the payment is pending.
- Open / Completed– The payment is complete, but the order is still open.
- Closed / Charge pending: order closed, but the charge is yet to be made.
- Closed / Completed: this means that both order and payment are completed.
- Closed / Uncollected: means that the order is closed without being able to pay.
- Canceled / Canceled: both the order and the payment have been canceled.
- Suspended / Suspended– The order and payment are suspended, as the payment method has failed.
Cancellation of payments
Once we have purchased from a store, Amazon Pay cannot cancel that purchase. The seller is required to issue a refund. That is why Amazon advises that you speak with the store where we have purchased the product directly.
Yes, we can contact the seller through Amazon Pay as follows:
- Let’s go to the website of Amazon Pay and we click Buyers.
- Now we must enter our email and registration password.
- Then on the page Activity account, find the order and click Details.
- Next where we see Contact the seller, click on your email address and send you the message that we deem appropriate.
What does Amazon Pay offer to sellers?
Sellers also have certain advantages by incorporating Amazon Pay.
The first is that they manage to have the same guarantees that they have in the online store from Amazon and without any additional cost. Another advantage is that, at the time of purchase, they receive all the client data that Amazon has, so the chance for confusion is much less. To this we must add that Amazon makes available to all sellers its fraud detection system, so that the cases of non-payment go down considerably. In addition, it is also a good asset for the store to see that we can pay with Amazon Pay. Thanks to that, customers trust more that everything will work correctly on that website, so the store wins in credibility and trust.
The post Amazon Pay: Everything you want to know about Amazon PayPal appeared first on ADSLZone.