Despite the growth in Spain of platforms such as Instagram, Tik Tok or Twitch, YouTube continues to be one of the reference portals in entertainment for consuming videos over the internet. YouTube has traditionally been guided by an advertising-based revenue model, but that hasn’t stopped them from looking for other avenues of revenue, such as paying YouTube as a subscription service.
The YouTube Premium experience is not that bad, since it allows us to watch videos without ads, play with the screen off and use the most advanced features of YouTube Music. Its price of 11.99 euros per month is not so attractive, since it places it at the level of services such as Netflix or Disney +, and although the comparisons are odious, they are also legitimate.
YouTube Premium gives exclusive access to paid subscribers
In popular culture, the YouTube premium ad has risen to fame as one of the most insistent and ignored ads in history. It seems that the harassment strategy is insufficient for Google, and it is that they have decided to try something new from now on to see if they capture the attention of people who are more interested in trying the new features before anyone else.
YouTube has decided that, for a limited time, YouTube Premium subscribers can try the latest features before anyone else, these features currently are:
- Home screen display:This is an experimental iOS-only feature that is still under development. Watch videos with sound and search controls without leaving the home screen.
- Instructions: Touch the screen to unmute a video and drag to move forward or backward.
- Voice search on the web:Use your voice to search for videos from your computer.
- Instructions: Click the microphone icon next to the search button and start speaking.
- Note: Currently, this feature is only available in Chrome.
- Filter by subject in other languages: Use custom subject filters in Spanish, French or Portuguese from the top of your home screen.
- How to do it: Change the language of your device to see the new themes. Touch a topic to filter the home page.
Get to know all the latest YouTube news here.
The decision will surely bring a lot of controversy, and it is that if in an innocent way it can be perceived as a reward to the users most loyal to the platform, it can also be considered as a discriminatory measure for the rest of the users.
The YouTube entry does the unthinkable: to test the new functions before anyone else you will have to be premium appears first in The Free Android.