Samsung renewed the interface of its Android phones two years ago, going from Samsung Experience to One UI. Since then this new aesthetic has evolved and in 2021 many mobiles will be updated to One UI 3.
These are the improvements that will come to your Samsung mobile with One UI 3Samsung announces the arrival of One UI 3 in Spain officially and announces some of the improvements that will be introduced in their phones.
In this article we are going to treat One UI 3.1 and 3.0 as the same version, having subtle differences and only one big difference from those named, which refers to home automation control, which is in version 3.1.
Samsung Good Lock renews its design in One UI 3 with Android 11Samsung updates the Good Lock design with the release of the update to Android 11 with One UI 3 among its phones.
What’s new in Android 11
With the new firmware we have the improvements that Android 11 includes as standard, which we already explained in this article.
- Notification bubbles: Messaging apps, such as Telegram, will have access to be shown as bubbles on desktops. It is the same function as Messenger, from Facebook, but generalized.
- Notification history: In the settings we have the option to see the history of all the notifications received, in case we have deleted one by mistake.
- Conversations Section: Within the notification curtain there is a new section that brings together notifications related to messaging apps.
- Resizable PiP mode: Now we can change the size of the video window of apps like Netflix when we have it in floating mode.
- Multimedia widget: Android 11 has included a new multimedia playback widget that brings together all the apps we are using at the same time, just below the system control buttons.
- Better privacy: the permissions are now more restrictive, allowing to give some only in a specific way.
- Home automation control panel: In One UI 3.1 a section appears in the notifications called My Devices. That is where the home automation control is as the company has not put it on the power button.
How to use the Android 11 home automation menu on the Samsung GalaxySamsung has decided not to implement one of the best features of Android 11 in its Samsung Galaxy, unlike OPPO, Vivo or Oneplus.
What’s new in One UI 3
Along with all the news that Samsung mobiles have in common with those of other brands, there are other exclusive ones. These are:
- New volume menu– Now the interface is vertical and not horizontal, and has a cleaner aesthetic.
- Ability to use Discover: It is finally possible to use Discover instead of Samsung Free. Here we explain how to do it.
- Lock screen multimedia widget: if we want, now we can control music playback without unlocking the mobile.
- Redesign in the settings menu– Settings have been slightly redesigned, with new icons. However, it is a slight change.
- Calls: we now have the option to switch the call interface between two layouts, in addition to using backgrounds.
- SMS: Samsung’s Messages app, not Google’s, is updated with a recycle bin feature.
- Turn off the screen with double tap: An option that was available for years in many brands comes to Samsung, the option to turn off the screen with a double tap in any empty area of the desks.
Of course, we will also miss a function that we had in Android 10 with One UI 2 but that in Android 11 with One UI 3 has disappeared.
The entry We analyze Android 11 on Samsung mobiles: this is One UI 3 appears first in The Free Android.