You already know that the latest generation terminals incorporate a perforated camera on the front where there is usually an edge around the lens. That edge can be a simple ornament, but on other occasions it can be very functional, and in these cases we will take advantage of it for a utility.
Use the screen hole as a notification LED
Not to be confused with the so-called notches, which are shaped like drops of water on the screen. These systems are not compatible with what we are going to explain below. In fact, it can only be used in some Android models, but it is a function that will be implemented more and more as manufacturers launch devices with a hole in the screen.
How to have notification LEDs in the camera hole
To achieve such utility and make the most of the framing of this perforated camera, we have at our disposal the Arc Lighting Notification app in the Google Play app store. As the developer himself indicates, this app is prepared to work on models Samsung and OnePlus automatically Although you could also manually adapt it to other devices, although it is not specified to which they can be applied. The process to start using it is as follows:
- After installing the application, we access it and we accept the terms.
- Next we have the option of activate function and combine it or not with the Always On Display.
- Do not forget grant permissions, message that appears at the bottom of the screen where we will have to give them accessibility and notifications.
- Within “Cotout Setting»We will be able to adapt the position and the effect caused by notifications on our mobile.
- Since “Indicators»We can choose what type of use we want to give it, also adding the option of battery percentage.
- Once we have adapted our preferences we can go out and check that it works.
Compatible phones with this application
Essentially, there are two manufacturers whose models we can apply to have the hole in the screen as notification LEDs. Although, as we have remarked above, it can be used for other unspecified models, so we will have to try manually. Therefore, in summary, these are the compatible terminals:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20 + / Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10 + / S10e
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / Note 10+
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8
Use hole in display to indicate battery
The surprise is that we can apply another use to this hole and that it is not so well known. Thanks to an app, it will be able to indicate the battery percentage of the terminal, although it is not compatible with the notification LED. Therefore, we have to choose between one option and the other.
The second application focuses precisely on this last aspect. We are talking about Energy Ring, “specialized” software directly on the smartphone with the hole. Support has also been added recently OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, with a variety of effects (even when you connect the charging device). However, it also works for Pixel, Xiaomi, OPPO and Samsung devices.