Millions of people in Spain have an old PC that they no longer use and do not know what to do with it. If you want to be able to put it to use, there is an interesting ROM with which be able to turn it into an Android TV device. The name of this ROM is Android TV x86 and it is designed to turn that old computer into a device to broadcast your favorite contents in streaming.
It is a ROM based on Android 9 Pie, which can be used with a lot of Windows computers. Thanks to it, you will give a new life to your computer, making it an Android TV device that you will be able to get the most out of at home.
The official app to save data on Android TV now available in the Play StoreAndroid TV Data Saver is the official app that Google has created to save data on Android TV when using the mobile as a hotspot.
This is how you turn your PC into an Android TV device
This ROM will be able to turn your computer into an Android TV device without too much trouble. Although it is not something that will work with any computer, since it has a series of requirements that said device must meet in order to become that player you are looking for. On the ROM page we have its requirements, which are:
- CPU: 64-bit dual core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz or higher.
- RAM: Minimum 1 GB of RAM, 2 GB or more recommended.
- Storage: 8GB free disk space, 16GB or higher recommended for downloading more apps and other contents.
- GPU: 64MB of video memory. You have to use Intel Iris / HD / GMA, Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon / FirePro.
- Display: 1280 × 720 minimum resolution, 16: 9, 16:10 or 17: 9 aspect ratio.
This ROM It also comes with Google applications included, so that you can enjoy an Android experience on your TV directly once you install it on your computer. Plus, it saves you from having to flash a separate file to get those Google apps on your computer. When it comes to installing it, there are a number of known bugs, which will be corrected in the future. For now there are three known bugs, which are:
- Netflix works only in its mobile version.
- It gets stuck on “Detecting Android TV …” on a non-EXT4 partition.
- Chromecast built-in doesn’t work without DRM support.
If you want to be able to download this ROM and thus convert that old computer into a new device to broadcast content in streaming or play, you can do it in this link You have several options to proceed with its download and thus begin the process of installing it.
The entry Turn your old PC into an Android TV with this ROM appears first in The Free Android.