The Galaxy Note 20 that Samsung launched in Spain in August came with One UI 2.5 as a customization layer. In this time, various models of the brand have been updating to this version, such as the Galaxy S20, the Galaxy S10 or the Galaxy Note 10. The brand continues to roll out this update for more phones and it is now the turn of the Galaxy Note 9.
The Galaxy Note 9 is starting to receive One UI 2.5 officially, thus obtaining the news that came with the new Galaxy Note 20. Also, along with this update Samsung is rolling out the October 2020 security patch for the phone.
One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy Note 9
It was in Germany where the deployment began One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy Note 9. This version of the update is serial number N960FXXU6FTJ3, and as we have mentioned, Samsung has also incorporated the October 2020 security patch for the phone. The Android version does not change in this case, so the phone keeps Android 10.
Deployment in Germany assumes that the update will be released soon in other countries, including Spain. Although so far Samsung has not given dates for this launch, it is a matter of waiting to receive the notification on the phone informing that the update to One UI 2.5 is available, since as usual, it is being launched through an OTA.
One UI 2.5 is one of the most important updates of Samsung’s customization layer, so if you have the Galaxy Note 9, feel free to update when this OTA is already available, which will be soon.
All update improvements
- Samsung DeX:
- Support for DeX wireless connection, compatible with any television with wireless display support.
- Low latency mode compatible with Samsung TVs from 2019 onwards.
- Screen zoom and font size options are supported to allow customization on various screen sizes.
- If the quality of the information can be measured on the Wi-Fi routers, this information will be displayed as Very Fast, Fast, Normal and Slow.
- When trying to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a recently added function will allow the user to request the password from another person who has it.
- Always On Display:
- Bitmoji stickers are supported in Always On Display.
- Samsung keyboard:
- A new function has been added to the keyboard search function that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split keyboard in landscape mode is supported.
- The search function on the “Manage Input Languages” screen on the keyboard settings page has recently been updated to make it easier to find the keyboard input languages that the user wants to add or remove.
- The professional video function has been improved.
- A function has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as the default emergency contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send emergency messages sharing the location every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
- New or improved features.
- Performance improvements.
The entry The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is updated with the news of the Galaxy Note 20 appears first in The Free Android.