Samsung is a company with a unique update policy in Spain. Although it is not one of the fastest of Android, it is usually up to date on security updates and improves its One UI customization layer with great news approximately 3 times a year: with the arrival of the new version of Android, with the news of the Galaxy S and later with the news of the Galaxy Note. The latest update begins to arrive on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and 10+.
With the launch of the Galaxy Note 20 and 20 Ultra came One UI 2.5, a version of the customization layer that began to reach the Galaxy S20, S10 and Tab S6. Now it is the turn of the Galaxy Note 10 and 10+, which are beginning to receive the update in Spain.
Android 11 in Samsung: this is the new interface One UI 3.0We have already seen the first features of One UI 3.0, the new version of Samsung’s interface that runs on Android 11.
The Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ are updated to One UI 2.5 in Spain
The Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ have gone a long time without receiving the September 2020 security patch, but it has been for good reason. The monthly update of this device not only includes security improvements, but many of the outstanding improvements of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, such as the wireless mode of Samsung DeX or the possibility of importing PDFs in Samsung Notes (if you had not received the app update yet).
Among its many improvements, the one that I personally find most interesting are the improvements in the professional video camera. The application now has the possibility for the microphones to capture directional sound, but they also allow us to use an external microphone, either via bluetooth or via USB C. If you are curious to know how you can improve your videos recorded with your mobile, he left you the test that we recorded in the review of the Note 20 Ultra.
Currently, and with Samsung’s extended update policy, the Galaxy Note 10+ is still a highly recommended purchase. First hand it costs about 750 euros on Amazon, although for the second hand it is common to find it between about 500 and 600 euros. It does not have the latest of the latest, but it is still one of the mobiles with the best multimedia, productivity and comfort of use.
List of Samsung mobiles with 3 years of guaranteed updatesSamsung has published a list of the models in its catalog that will be updated to the new versions of Android for at least three years.
- Samsung DeX:
- Support for DeX wireless connection through Wi-Fi Direct and Miracast (compatible with televisions of various brands, for a better experience, Samsung Smart TVs from 2019 onwards are recommended).
- Screen Zoom and Font Size options to allow customization on various screen sizes.
- If the quality of the information on Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will be displayed as Very fast, Fast, Normal and Slow (this function can be enabled or disabled in the setting «Show the quality of network information »).
- When trying to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a function will allow the user to request the password from another person who is nearby, is in our contact list and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Always On Display: Bitmoji stickers are supported in Always On Display.
- Samsung keyboard:
- A new function has been added to keyboard search to search YouTube videos.
- “Manage input languages” has been recently updated to make it easier to find the keyboard input languages that the user wants to add or remove.
- Split keyboard in landscape mode is supported.
- Camera: The Professional Video recording function has been improved.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as the default SOS contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send emergency messages sharing the location every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- Samsung Notes:
- Import of PDF files is supported.
- It is possible to add handwritten text on text.
- Splitting by pages and searching by number of pages are supported.
- More information about the Galaxy Note 10+ updates: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N975F/PHE/doc.html.
Note: Some of the links to stores in this article contain an affiliate code. With them you support our work while confirming that they are reliable stores with guarantees. You will not pay more and we do not compromise our neutrality in link choices.
The entry The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 are updated in Spain with One UI 2.5 and the improvements of the Note 20 appear first in The Free Android.