One UI 2.5 is the version of the customization layer with which the Galaxy Note 20 arrived in Spain. Since then, the brand has been launching this new version for various models within its catalog, such as the Galaxy S20, the Galaxy S10, the Galaxy Note 10 or last week the Galaxy Note 9. Now it is the turn of two new phones: the Galaxy A51 and the Galaxy S9.
Galaxy A51 and Galaxy S9 become the following models of the brand to have access to One UI 2.5. In the case of the former, we can see that it becomes one of the first mid-range devices to have access to the update. Thanks to this update they get a series of improvements that we already saw in the Galaxy Note 20.
Analysis Samsung Galaxy A51: the best-selling mobile already has an heirWe have already been able to test the successor of the Samsung Galaxy A50, which was the best-selling mobile in Spain in 2019. We will tell you everything about the Samsung Galaxy A51.
One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy A51 and Galaxy S9
The Samsung Galaxy A51 follows in the footsteps of the Galaxy A71 as the next mid-range model to have access to One UI 2.5. Deployment of the update has started in Russia, although it is expected that these next few days will reach more countries. Along with the update, the October 2020 security patch for the phone is introduced. The update arrives with serial number A515FXXU4CTJ1.
Thanks to this update, the phone gets improvements that we have seen in the new Galaxy Note 20, although in this case they are somewhat trimmed due to the fact that it is a model within the mid-range. Therefore, we can see that some of them are not present, as wireless DeX, which will not reach this device.
Along with this Galaxy A51, the Galaxy S9 is updating to One UI 2.5 too, both the normal model and the S9 +. In this case, the update has the serial number G96xFXXUCFTJ2, whose deployment has begun in Germany, waiting for it to be launched in more countries in the next few days. This update is also released with the October security patch.
This will be the last major update for the Galaxy S9 and S9 +, so for users with these Samsung models, it is important to upgrade. For all models, the update is rolling out via OTA, so when it’s available to you, you’ll receive a notification on your phone.
- Samsung DeX:
- Support for DeX wireless connection, compatible with any television with wireless display support. (only for Galaxy S9).
- Low latency mode compatible with Samsung TVs from 2019 onwards.
- Screen zoom and font size options are supported to allow customization on various screen sizes.
- If the quality of the information can be measured on the Wi-Fi routers, this information will be displayed as Very Fast, Fast, Normal and Slow.
- When trying to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a recently added function will allow the user to request the password from another person who has it.
- Always On Display:
- Bitmoji stickers are supported in Always On Display.
- Samsung keyboard:
- A new function has been added to the keyboard search function that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split keyboard in landscape mode is supported.
- The search function on the “Manage Input Languages” screen on the keyboard settings page has recently been updated to make it easier to find the keyboard input languages that the user wants to add or remove.
- The professional video function has been improved.
- A function has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as the default emergency contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send emergency messages sharing the location every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
- New or improved features.
- Performance improvements.
The entry The Samsung Galaxy A51 and Galaxy S9 are updated with the improvements of the Galaxy Note 20 appears first in The Free Android.