The Chromebook market has been trying to find a niche for several years now, although it seems to have found its place in the education segment. Samsung is one of the brands with several models in this segment and leaves us today with its two new devices, which officially arrive in Spain. These are the Chromebook 4+ and Chromebook 4.
Samsung’s new Chromebook models are devices that use Chrome OS and are primarily intended for the education sector. Additionally, Samsung confirms that these devices have guaranteed updates until 2026. They are presented as two perfect devices for education, by providing the necessary tools.
Chrome OS definitely ends with Android tabletsGoogle continues to improve Chrome OS and with the new tablet mode it seems that they have it clearer than ever. The future of tablets will never be Android.
Technical characteristics Samsung Chromebook 4 and Chromebook 4+
- Processor: Intel Celeron N4000.
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 600.
- Chromebook 4: 11.6-inch LED with HD resolution (1366 x 768 pixels).
- Chromebook 4+: 15.6-inch LED with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels).
- Chromebook 4: 4GB RAM + 32GB eMMC storage.
- Chromebook 4+: 4/6 GB of RAM + 32/64 GB of eMMC storage.
- Battery: 39 Wh, 30 W USB-C adapter.
- Operating system: Chrome OS.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth.
- Security: Slim Security Slot, TPM (Trusted Platform Module).
- Multimedia: Two stereo speakers, Internal digital microphone, 720 pixel HD camera.
- Chromebook 4: 1 USB-C, 1 USB3.0, MicroSD Card Reader, 1 Headphone Port, Mic-in Combo.
- Chromebook 4+: 2 USB-C, 1 USB3.0, MicroSD Card Reader, 1 Headphone Port, Mic-in Combo
- Dimensions and weight:
- 287.9 x 202.3 x 16.7 mm and 1.18 kg.
- 359.7 x 244.9 x 16.5 mm and 1.7 Kg in the 4+ model.
Two laptops for education
These new Samsung models stand out for your speed in data processingSince they both work in the cloud and the use of Chrome OS as the operating system allows fast document management. In addition, by being able to use the extensions and applications of Chrome, compatible with Android, there are many possibilities of use in these two devices of the brand. The two also stand out for their compact design and resistant to 50 cm drops.
These two laptops share many specifications, but the design is somewhat different. Since the normal model has an 11.6-inch screen with HD resolution, while the 4+ comes with a 15.6-inch screen in Full HD resolution, which also has a very thin frame, only 0.26 inches, with an aspect ratio of 80%. Thanks to this, it provides an immersive experience, ideal for working or consuming content.
Samsung has also focused on autonomy in these models. Since they provide autonomy of up to 12 hours and a half without being connected to the charger. This makes them perfect options to take anywhere, such as to college or university, as well as on the road so that you can work on documents, browse, watch videos or movies, without worrying about anything.
Price and availability
Samsung has already confirmed availability of these new models in Spain, in addition to confirming the prices of each of them. The normal model is launched with a price of 339 euros and Chromebook 4+ hits stores with a price of 429 euros.
The entry The Samsung Chromebook 4+ and Chromebook 4 arrive in Spain: specifications and availability appears first in The Free Android.