On August 13 we echoed that the Android 11 Developer Preview 3 could already get installed on the OnePlus 8, a good opportunity to test OxygenOS 11. Yesterday Android 11 officially and stable came out for the Google Pixel, a quite refined version with respect to the betas and that comes to lay the foundations of the newest version of Android.
OnePlus announced, right after the launch of Android 11 stable, the OxygenOS 11 availability in Open Beta 1, a more stable ROM compared to Developer Preview, which can already be installed in the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1, now available for download
The first Open Beta of OxygenOS 11 is now available, and it brings with it the news that we already saw in the Developer Preview, although with a more refined operation and several more polished functions. OnePlus comments that they have collaborated with Google to be able bring Android 11 on the day of its official launch, although they do it in the form of Open Beta.
Open Beta are open betas, they are usually quite functional and have very few bugs, although they do not reach the degree of stability of the final versions. However, unlike the Developer Preview, OnePlus has not highlighted recognized bugs in this version, simply points out that, being a beta, it is not as stable as an official OTA (which does not imply that it is stable enough for day to day). Some of the main novelties of OxygenOS 11 are the following.
- New design of both the interface and the own applications
- Interface optimized for one-handed operation
- Always On Display mode
- New Live Wallpapers
- New OnePlus Sans font
- Dark mode improvements
- New Zen modes
- New features for the gallery
How to install OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1
If we want install OxygenOS 11 on our OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro We have to follow the steps that we show you below. They are very simple and it does not take more than a few minutes to complete the whole process.
- Download the European ROM | | OnePlus 8 OnePlus 8 Pro
- Go to the mobile settings
- Go to settings – system – system updates – icon in the upper right corner – local update
- Select the installation package (the ROM you downloaded)
- Install it and restart the mobile If you want to go back to the previous version you have the versions back to Android 10 for OnePlus 8 and to OnePlus 8 Pro, so you always have time to return.
was originally published in