In these days of quarantine, and telework, it is essential to have a synchronization tool between our computer and mobile phone, it is essential to have both tools connected. This is our preferred application to connect the mobile to PC.
KDE Connect is the best application to connect your mobile to your PC, and you can have in Windows
One of my favorite applications for this purpose is KDE Connect. This app I discovered while doing the analysis of the Slimbook Excalibur, where I tried KDE Neon (which to this day is my Linux distribution preferred). This distro had with KDE Connect, an application that as explained in the analysis:
Perhaps one of the best tools is KDE Connect. Simply install the application on your phone and both devices are on the same network to stay connected. Notifications your mobile phone will be present in the PC, you can also send and receive files wirelessly and without limits (like Airdrop on the Mac and iPhone, but on Linux + Android) and share the clipboard between the two devices. KDE Connect allows you to also use the phone as a multimedia driver, as the trackpad or for advancing slides. It is brutal.
However, I had not yet dedicated time to talk about it, because when a Linux application knew that would not raise too much interest. But recently I discovered that someone created a version for Windows, and that changes everything.
KDE Connect has a lot of features they are extremely useful in the day-to-day. 21 functions, among which there are a few must-haves.
Why should I import KDE Connect?
- Share files: send files from computer to mobile and vice versa as the Airdrop of the Android. Send it via local network and the speed is almost instant.
- If we have had problems sending video files over 4 GB, but it is an exceptional case.
- To synchronize contacts.
- Remote Control.
- Execute commands from console: This is useful for Linux systems primarily.
- Find the computer: Do you make the computer begins to sound from the mobile phone.
- Find the mobile phone: Make the phone start ringing from the computer.
- Keyboard and trackpad remote: converts the mobile phone into a trackpad and remote keyboard.
- This functionality is imperative if you want to connect the computer to the television.
- Send notifications: sends notifications from the computer to the mobile.
- Receive notifications: and more importantly, receives the notification of the computer in the mobile.
- To take a photograph.
- Turn off the screen saver.
- Notifications of incoming calls.
- Monitor mobile phone’s battery.
- Control services MPRIS.
- Browser files remote.
- Pause media during calls.
- Shared clipboard.
- Control presentations from your mobile: whether it is a powerpoint presentation in Libre Office or Google Docs.
- Media controls from the mobile: another essential to use the computer connected to the tv as a media centre.
- Remote keyboard from the computer.
- Volume Control of the system from the mobile.
How to install it
To have KDE Connect you need to the mobile application and the computer, which you can download from these sites:
- Official page of KDE Connect: access to all versions of every system.
- Link to Google Play.
- Link to F-Droid.
- Windows | official versions.
Once you have downloaded both, it is important that the computer and the phone are connected to the same network. When you start the application in both, from the mobile should receive the computer. If we press on, we will make a connection request.
From the computer, open the notification of KDE Connect and accept the request. And would already be working.
KDE Connect is an application that we highly recommend, not only for its function, but also because it is a free software project that does not require that we believe accounts, in addition to not violating our privacy.
The input The best application to connect the mobile to PC by Wifi, full-featured, free and free appears first in Android Free.