The video calls They have become a fundamental part of our lives in recent months, multiplying substantially the times this system is used, both personally and professionally. And it is that right now at work it is not strange to have meetings online. Well, one of the most interesting facets that we can use in these video calls is that of share screen with the rest of the people who attend it, since it is an ideal way of explaining anything in a much more visual way.
Precisely for this reason, today we are going to see how this task can be carried out in the main programs that we use today for this type of video meeting, since it can become a great help to explain any subject in a much easier way to understand. That is, we can make an example of what we want to expose and that will make it look much simpler.
To be able to share our screen in a video call that we make with Skype, you just have to follow a few simple steps.
If we use the version of desktop for windows or the web, we will have at our disposal a screen share button, which is integrated into the options we have in the video call and which has an icon of two screens one on top of the other. This feature is available in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome as browsers.
If we use macOS, Skype needs to access the screen recording in the system preferences in order to share the screen. We will receive a notification from Skype in which we can go to the Setting, then to preferences Mac System & Security privacy screen recording, to grant access to Skype.
On a mobile Android We must click on the button with three horizontal points (plus) and then on the icon with two overlapping televisions, which is the explicit one for screen sharing.
iPhone and iPad
If we use a iPhone or iPad we will also click on the plus button (three horizontal dots) and then click on the screen sharing icon (two overlapping screens). In the confirmation window, we select Skype and then Start Diffusion.
If the tool we are going to use is Zoom, the way to share screen is quite simple and we practically have it in front of us when we are on a video call.
If we use Windows or Mac we just have to click on the screen share button which is located in the video call controls with the symbol of a square and an arrow inside it. Then we must choose which screen is the one we want others to see.
In the case of using the version for Android (it must be version 5.0 or higher) click on Share, which is located in the meeting controls, and then click on the screen that we want to show.
When we are on a device ios we also have the share button, although in this case when pressed it will ask us if we want to show screen, photos, iCloud Drive, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, a URL, a bookmark or a whiteboard (this only works on iPad). Obviously in our case we choose Screen.
In the event that we use Google’s video conferencing system, we can also share the screen that we want others to see to explain something more easily.
If we have Meet on our computer Windows We only have to enter the conference, press at the bottom the Submit button (a rectangle with an arrow inside), we choose between full screen, a window or a tab and click on Share.
When we want to perform this function, but we have a mobile Android we just have to press the screen, then press on More (three vertical buttons) and then we click on Share screen (symbol of a rectangle and an arrow inside), to immediately share what we want.
iPhone and iPad
If our device is a iPhone or iPad the operation is the same as in the case of Android, that is, we press the screen, then click More and then select Share screen.
Another option we have at our disposal is to use Jitsi Meet (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS), one of the tools most used for video calls. If we want to share the screen we will have to do the following:
- When in a video call the option to share screen It’s on the second button in the icon area at the bottom left of the screen.
- The moment we click on this icon, a dialog box with different options will open.
- Share Whole screen.
- Just share one Application window.
- Share one Chrome tab.
- We select the one we want and then press the button
If the program we use to communicate is ooVoo, we will have a system to share the screen that is quite simple.
- Once we are inside the corresponding video call we must look for the icon of Share desktop, which is a hand holding a monitor.
- If it’s in the side view then we should go to Actions and then click on Start desktop sharing. Then we click on Okay to confirm the selection.
- We can also click on Actions and then in Share desktop complete if we want our desktop to appear in full screen, being able to press F12 if we want it to go back to moral view.
If we are using the Microsoft Teams professional meeting program, we will also be able to share the screen and it will be very easy, whatever platform we use.
- We give the button Share which is none other than the one you see during the videoconference that appears with a rectangle that still crosses the arrow.
- You can then choose to share:
- Just one window of an application.
- A presentation of Powerpoint.
- Examine allows you to search for a file that we want to show.
- At that point you will see a red border around what you are sharing. When we finish we just have to click on Stop sharing.
As you can see, the main video conferencing tools are capable of giving us the ability to share our desktop or part of it, something that will be very interesting to show what we want in a way that is much easier to understand.
The post So we can share screen on Skype, Zoom, Meet and more appeared first on ADSLZone.