Samsung has started rolling out the update to One UI 3.0 based on Android 11 for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, one of its folding mobiles this 2020. After updating the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE just two days ago, Samsung’s new ROM reaches the company’s high-end, to keep company Galaxy S20 and Note 20 Ultra, already updated.
We are going to tell you what’s new in this update and how the OTA is beginning to be distributed since, as usual, it is gradual and is gradually beginning to reach European territory.
Samsung’s folding already has Android 11
As Sammobile reports, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is already updating to Android 11. Specifically, the firmware version arrives F707BXXU1CTL6 with the security patch for December, the latest available at the moment. The update is reaching the European level, with the first report in Switzerland, so it will progressively reach the rest of the countries, Spain included.
With One UI 3.0 important visual and functional changes arrive. Specifically, these are some of the new features included with One UI 3.0, the update that has just arrived on these devices.
- Redesign of the notification area and quick actions menu.
- The lock screen adapt your design to large cards also present in the notification area. Widgets are improved.
- Samsung includes 10 categories of wallpapers for ‘Dynamic Lock Screen’ option.
- Tablet and Galaxy Fold multitasking improvements. The ‘Multi-Active Window’ allows greater management options for up to three simultaneous applications.
- Full screen video calling. These are compatible with AR Emojis.
- Changes are coming to notifications and access to quick settings is changed.
- There are changes to the volume controls interface.
- A short notification history
- A higher degree of personalization in Always On Display **
- The app drawer, folders, search engine and recent apps have been optimized
- Optimized application options and menu settings
- New user interface for Bixby routines
- Gallery app UI has changed
- The contacts and calendar application has been improved.
If you want to check if the update reaches your Galaxy Z Flip or not, you just have to go to settings and buy the software updates section. If it is available you can download the OTA, if not, be patient and wait a few weeks.
was originally published in