Those who treasure a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 finally receive the update that the brand had promised almost two months ago: the new software, which is coming to Spanish watches, brings the news that Samsung had promised. Fall detection, blood oxygen saturation log and much more.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 It is the most recent Samsung smartwatch, but it does not represent an excessive evolution with respect to the previous model, the Watch Active2. This kept the promise of seeing a large number of sensors activated that left without working, a limitation that diminished the attractiveness of smartwatches due to health approvals. Samsung has not managed to homologate them all in Europe, but, at least, it has brought an update to the owners of an Active2 that allows them to extend the use of their watches. Said update is coming now.
Fall detection, VO2 Max, better notifications …
The update of the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 is expanding to Spanish watches after Samsung announced it on September 10. We have already received it in the version with 4G LTE, it would also be reaching the WiFi-only version. And the changes are as noticeable as they are profound: Samsung largely equates its 2019 flagship smartwatch software to the latest 2020 Samsung Galaxy Watch 3.
The news that come with the update are the following:
- Record of blood oxygen saturation. The VO2 Max reading is already available on the watch, but it is only captured during training rounds. The readings are saved in the Samsung Health application.
- Fall detection. This long-awaited function finally reaches the emergency options: the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 alerts emergency contacts if it detects a serious fall. It can be adjusted from ‘Emergencies’, in the clock settings from the mobile.
- Training analysis is redesigned. The update changes the appearance of the training screens to facilitate reading and offer more information about the exercise. Also, the voice has changed.
- Improved notifications. The notifications on the watch finally show the images of the chats. The answer is also provided directly from the notification.
- Screenshots can now be scrolled.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 already supports Samsung’s AR Emoji and Bitmoji.
The news that comes with the update are notorious, but there are still two options promised by Samsung that are still not available in Europe: electrocardiograms (ECG) and blood pressure recording (BP). Samsung has obtained authorization from the health authorities in some countries, such as the United States, but the same has not happened in Europe. Let’s hope they reach the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2, as well as the Galaxy Watch 3, before the end of 2020.
was originally published in