Pokémon GO continues to break records in the middle of the pandemic

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on email
Share on whatsapp

Table of Contents

MewTwo comes to Pokémon Go in the new raids under invitation

Four years ago Pokémon GO arrived in Spain and it became one of the most successful and popular games on Android and iOS. Since then, the game has been known to remain a very popular option, thanks to the many new functions that have been arriving, such as the coach battles or this year with the option of being able to play without leaving home.

Since its launch, Pokémon GO has been a game that has generated great revenues, except for a slight decrease in 2017. Each year they have been obtaining higher revenues, with a record included in 2019. This 2020 is being even more positive for Niantic’s game, who sees how the game surpasses its record of income, before the end of the year.

Pokémon GO surpasses 1,000 million dollars in revenue

Pokémon GO income

In the first 10 months of 2020, Pokémon GO has earned revenue of $ 1 billion. This figure represents a record for the game, already exceeding the revenues for all of 2019 by 18%, with two months to go until the end of the year. Niantic thus obtains its best result in the four years that the game has been on the market.

Since its launch in 2016, the game has only had a “bad year”, which was in 2017 when its revenues stood at 589 million dollars, a decrease of 28% compared to 2016. In subsequent years we have seen how Niantic’s gaming revenues have increased, to exceed the barrier of 1,000 million in 2020. So far, the game has accumulated $ 4.2 billion in revenue. Google Play is where they have obtained the most income, as has been seen for some years, 53.4% ​​of the total in these years, while the remaining 46.6% is obtained in the App Store.

Pokémon GO has been known to adapt to the world situation in 2020, by introducing new options that allow playing from home, a good move in the middle of the pandemic, which has caused all kinds of confinements in the world. This has helped it to remain a popular game. The game has also accumulated more than 600 million downloads since its launch.

Pokémon GO continues to break records in the middle of the pandemic 1

One thing is clear, Pokémon GO may not have the same popularity it had in 2016, but in these four years the game has proven far from dead, being one of the games that generate the most income in the world, beating its record in 2020, in the middle of the pandemic.

Pokémon GO continues to break records in the middle of the pandemic 2

The entry Pokémon GO continues to break records in the midst of a pandemic, it appears first in The Free Android.