OnePlus 8: leap in battery and connectivity 5G for a renewal that maintains its triple rear camera

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on email
Share on whatsapp

Table of Contents

As was expected, and after numerous leaks, OnePlus has today unveiled its new generation of phones. As usual, the strategy of the brand happens by announcing two batches of terminals each year, the second of them, with the last name “T”.

On this occasion, it is a first launch in 2020, so without that “T” and simply called OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. These two new models arrive to happen, respectively, to the OnepPlus 7T and 7T Pro we met a few months ago; let’s see in detail the first of them, the OnePlus 8, which comes with the Snapdragon 865 and more batteryamong other changes compared to its predecessor.

Technical specifications of the OnePlus 8



Fluid AMOLED 6,55 inches (20:9)

FullHD resolution+ (2400 x 1.080), 402 ppi


Snapdragon 865

GPU Adreno 650




128/256 GB UFS 3.0


Android 10 with Oxygen OS


Main Sensor: Sony IMX586, 48 MP, pixels, 0.8 um, OIS + EIS, f/1.75

Macro lens: 2 MP, pixels to 1.75 um, f/2.4

Ultra-wide: 16 MP, f/2.2

Dual LED Flash, PDAF + CAF, zoom 2x (digital)

Video 4K 30/60fps, slow motion 480fps (HD), Time lapse, video editor


Sony IMX471, 16 MP, pixels, 1 um, EIS, fixed focus, f/2.0, video 1080


4.300 mAh with Warp Charge 30T


5G NSA, 4G LTE Cat 18, WiFi 6 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB-C 3.1, Dual Nano SIM


Fingerprint reader on the screen, face unlock


160,2 x 72.9 x 8 mm

180 g


8GB/128GB: 709 euros

12GB/256GB: 809 euros

Slight changes in screen and processor

Oneplus 8 Screen

The OnePlus 8 maintains the AMOLED screen of 6.55 inches with FullHD resolution+, support HDR10+ and refresh rate of 90 Hz which we already saw in its predecessor. That panel also retains the fingerprint reader built-in, but replaces the notch in the form of a drop by a perforation in the upper-left corner.

In relation to the brain, the OnePlus 8 has made the leap from logical processor, so that it mounts the Snapdragon 865 Qualcomm with GPU Adreno 650 and the modem X55 integrated, which ensures its compatibility with new generation networks 5G SA and NSA. This chipset comes with two options of RAM LPDDR4X (8 and 12 GB) and two internal storage UFS 3.0 (128 and 256 GB).

Oneplus 8 Ports

As operating system, brings Android 10 with the latest version of the personalization layer of the manufacturer (OxygenOS), and to feed, has a battery 4,300 mAh with fast charging Warp Charge 30T. In this sense, it highlights the optimization of smart load, which loads the phone up to 80% for the night and leaves the remaining 20% for the final, just 1 hour before you wake up.

In terms of connectivity, in addition to the above-mentioned 5G SA/NSA, the OnePlus 8 has the usual options in a terminal of this category, including 4G LTE Cat 18, WiFi 6 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC and Dual-function Nano SIM. It is compatible with USB-C 3.1but the cable that comes in is 2.0.

Goodbye telephoto lens, hello macro photography

Oneplus 8 Cameras

We now pass on to speak of the section of photography, where the first thing that jumps to the eye is that the OnePlus he has opted for a vertical module to accommodate the rear camera in place of the module with circular saw in its predecessor.

The rear camera is still a configuration triple and includes a main sensor Sony IMX586 of 48 MP with pixels of 0.8 um, aperture f/1.75, and an optical image stabilizer and electronic (OIS + EIS). He is accompanied by a wide-angle lens 16 MP f/2.2, and, attention, a sensor macro photography 2 MP f/2.4 that replaces the telephoto lens of the OnePlus 7T.

To all this, add a Dual LED flash, a 2x digital zoom and 4K video capture at 30/60fps, with the option of slow motion 480fps (HD) and Time lapse. The front-facing camera, for its part, mounted a Sony sensor IMX471 16 MP with pixels of 1 um, f/2.0 aperture, fixed focus and video with 1,080 p.

Price and availability of the OnePlus 8

Oneplus 8 Colors

The new OnePlus 8 is now available for your reservation starting todaybut it will be released on the 21st of April. Comes in two configurations in function of the memory, and in two colors, Onyx black (black) and Glacier Green (green), in a special version called Interstellar Glow which will be launched on the 4th of may:

  • OnePlus 8 8GB/128GB Onyx black or Glacier Green: 709 euros.

  • OnePlus 8 12GB/256GB Glacial Green: 809 euros.

More information | OnePlus

The news

OnePlus 8: leap in battery and connectivity 5G for a renewal that maintains its triple rear camera

it was originally published in

Xataka Android

Laura Sexton


OnePlus 8: leap in battery and connectivity 5G for a renewal that maintains its triple rear camera 1

OnePlus 8: leap in battery and connectivity 5G for a renewal that maintains its triple rear camera 2