The Redmi K40 is one of the most anticipated Redmi models in Spain for this 2021. As announced weeks ago, it was today February 25 when this phone was officially presented at an event. It is the brand’s new high-end phone, which we have learned more about these weeks through various leaks.
The Redmi K40 is a powerful model, that comes with Snapdragon 870 as a processor, as had been discussed for weeks. It thus becomes the first smartphone to use Qualcomm’s new high-end chip. Thanks to this chip, the device already has 5G connectivity. Along with this device we also find the K40 Pro and the K40 Pro +.
Xiaomi Mi 11 analysis: a double success in our opinionWe have thoroughly analyzed Xiaomi’s new high-end mobile, the new Xiaomi MI 11 that comes with a great price and better features.
Redmi K40 and K40 Pro features
- Size: 6.67 inches.
- Technology: AMOLED.
- Resolution: Full HD + 2400 X 1080.
- Refresh rate: 120 Hz.
- HDR10 +.
- DisplayMate Grade A +.
- Snapdragon 870 in the K40.
- Snapdragon 888 in the K40 Pro and K40 Pro +.
- 6/8/12 GB of RAM.
- 128/256 GB of storage.
- Rear cameras:
- Redmi K40: Main 48 Mpx + Ultra wide 8 Mpx + 5 Mpx telephoto.
- K40 Pro: 64 Mpx Main + 8 Mpx Ultra Wide Angle + 5 Mpx Telephoto.
- K40 Pro +: Main 108 Mpx + Ultra wide angle 8 Mpx + Telephoto 5 Mpx.
- Frontal camera:20 Mpx.
- 4,520 mAh.
- Fast charge 33W.
- Connectivity:5G, 4G LTE, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 6.1, NFC, Infrared, GPS, GLONASS….
- Fingerprint sensor under screen.
- Stereo speakers.
- Operating system:
- Android 11.
- MIUI 12.5 as an interface.
- Dimensions:163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm.
- Weight:196 grams.
- white, black, blue.
The new high-end
These new Redmi K40 and K40 Pro are presented as an accessible high-end, which could be one of Xiaomi’s successes this year. Both have a 6.67-inch size AMOLED screen, with a perforation in it. This panel also has a 120 Hz refresh rate, which makes it ideal for gaming. The fingerprint sensor is located under the panel in this device, as is common in the high range.
Snapdragon 870 is the processor of choice in this device, Qualcomm’s new high-end chip. A chip that gives a great performance to the phone,Somewhat lower than Snapdragon 888, which is what we see in the K40 Pro and the Pro +. In addition, the use of Snapdragon 870 allows a more adjusted price on the device, but it also endows it with 5G. Along with the chip we have various combinations of RAM and storage.
As for cameras, the main sensor varies depending on the device. The Redmi K40 has a main 48 Mpx, the K40 Pro one with 64 Mpx and the Pro + leaves us with one with 108 Mpx. The other two sensors are kept in all of them: an 8 Mpx ultra wide angle and a 5 Mpx telephoto. The most advanced of all, the Pro + also leaves us with double ISO for dynamic range.
The battery will be another highlight in this range, with the K40 having a 4,520 mAh capacity battery, with 33W fast charging in addition. As an operating system, the full range uses MIUI 12 with Android 11 as standard, so they have all the functions that we discussed recently.
Price and availability
The device has already been made official in China, where it can be purchased soon. There is no information on its international launch, although there are rumors that it could be launched as the POCO F3 in some countries. The Redmi K40 launches in blue, white and black colors, available in four RAM and storage combinations, priced in China are:
- The model with 6/128 GB costs 1,999 yuan (about 255 euros to change).
- The version with 8/128 GB is priced at 2,199 yuan (about 280 euros to change):
- The model with 8/256 GB costs 2,499 yuan (about 315 euros to change).
- The version with 12/256 GB costs 2,699 yuan (about 340 euros to change).
Also the Redmi K40 Pro is launched in various versions of RAM and storage. While the K40 Pro + only arrives in one. Their prices are:
- The version with 6/128 GB costs 2,799 yuan (about 355 euros to change).
- The model with 8/128 GB is priced at 2,999 yuan (about 380 euros to change).
- The version with 8/256 GB costs 3,299 yuan (about 415 euros to change).
- The K40 Pro + with 12/256 GB is priced at 3,699 yuan (about 470 euros to change):
The entry New Redmi K40, K40 Pro and K40 Pro +: A magnificent screen and maximum power appears first in The Free Android.