Last year, Samsung had Link to Windows in the presentation of the Galaxy Note 10. It is a function that allows users to connect the phone with a Windows PC in an easy way. After presenting this function in a formal way, extending the same to more brand phones, like the Galaxy S10 or the Galaxy Fold. This feature is improved now in a clear way.
Thanks to the new update Link to Windows, move files between a Samsung phone and a Windows PC it will be very easy. It’s only going to be necessary to drag the file and drop it on the device, facilitating the whole process between the two parties.
We tested Samsung DeX in Windows: the PC and mobile, more connected than everOne of the exclusivities of the new Galaxy Note 10 is the possibility of using Samsung DeX on another PC via the USB cable. What we tested.
Transfer of files easier
This new feature works through the app Your Windows Phone and allows users to send any type of file between the two devices. You may send as maximum of 100 files each timewith a maximum size of 512 GB in total. These are the only two limitations that you will have this feature on Samsung phones, thanks to Link to Windows.
Be able to use the same in addition to without the need of cables, even though the two devices will have that be connected to the same WiFi at all times go to be able to perform this process. A function that makes it much easier to send files between two devices, so that for many it is a good news.
Those with phones such as the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy S10 or the Galaxy Fold, you will be able to enjoy this function. Samsung has confirmed that you need to be using Link to Windows version 1.5 or higherto use this file transfer with Windows 10. By now it has been launched only in the Program Insider Windows 10, so you will have to wait until it is available to all.
Send files between Android and Windows, the best waysDo you want to send files between your Android phone and your Windows computer? Discover the best ways to achieve this.
How to use this function
If you want to be able to use this feature on your Samsung phone or in your PC Windows, to be able to send files between the two, there is to follow a series of steps, in each one of the devices. Are simple steps, but if you’ve never used this feature, not always are clear. This is what you must do:
- Dragged from My files on your PC:
- Open the Phone screen in the application Your phone.
- Browse until you get to a folder in My files.
- Touch and hold the file to be transferred until a check mark appears and then release it. If you want to select additional files, you can do so by tapping on them.
- Use the mouse to press again the files you’ve selected, and a thumbnail appears. Drag the files to your desired location on your PC. The cursor will change to indicate when you can drop the files.
- Drag from the Gallery app
- Once you open the Phone screen in the application Your phone, navigate among albums.
- Enter or select one.
- Touch and hold on a photo until a check mark, and then drop it. If you want to select several additional photos, you can do so by tapping on them.
- Drag then these photos to the desired location on the PC.
- Drag files from the PC to the phone
- Open the app, Your Phone.
- Go to the Phone screen.
- Select the files to send in this case.
- The cursor will change to tell you to copy when it is possible to release those files.
- Release the mouse and let it start to transfer the files.
- Will show a prompt that shows you how to move forward.
The entry to Move files between Samsung phones and a Windows PC it will be much easier appears first in Android Free.