Microsoft has released a new update in Edge, but this time it is the stable version of the protagonist, which can be used by all those who do not want to go through the Program Insider. Edge based on Chromium in the global version reached the numbering 81.0.416.53.
An update that adds a good number of changes and improvements after passing through the channels Canary, Dev and Beta. Among them are better support for documents in PDF, reader immersive, support to log in automatically, support Dolby Vision… a list of improvements that now we reviewed.
Improvements and additions
- The Collections come to the Edge in the stable version. If you open the Collections panel, you can create, edit, and view Collections in terms of our navigation in the network.
- It allows the elimination of the button Collections on the toolbar of the Microsoft Edge.
- The automatic logon of the account in Active Directory local only will be directed to the organizations that turn it on. If users are already logged on with an account AD local, will be able to close session. Users will be automatically logged in with the primary account on your operating system if it is an account, MSA, or Azure AD. Administrators can enable the automatic logon with an account AD locally using the policy ConfigureOnPremisesAccountAutoSignin.
- Added a message to inform users that Internet Explorer is not installed when you navigate to a page set to be opened in mode Internet Explorer.
- Updated the tool 3D View in the Microsoft Edge DevTools with a new feature to help debug the context of stacking of z-index. The 3D View displays a representation of the depth of the DOM (Document Object Model) using color and stacking, and the view of the z-Index helps you to isolate the different contexts of the stacking of your page. More information .
- Tools F12 Dev are localized in 10 new languagesso that will coincide with the language used in the rest of the browser. More information .
- Support has been added for the content playback with Dolby Vision. Here you can see how to enable content in Dolby Vision from Netflix .
- Microsoft Edge can now identify and remove bookmarks duplicates and merge folders with the same name. To access this upgrade you will have to press on the star on the toolbar of the browser and select “Remove duplicate bookmarks”. Changes in favorites will be synchronized on all devices.
- After complaints from users about the difficulty to distinguish a browser window, which is normal for a dark theme of a window InPrivatehas added a logo in blue in the upper right corner to help users to distinguish which are browsing InPrivate.
- You can select a default profile for the links open with external applications to open from edge: // settings / multiProfileSettings.
- Has been added a notice that alerts users that log on to a profile of the browser with an account after you have logged in previously with another account. This warning will help to avoid the fusion of involuntary data.
- Las payment cards saved can be used more easily. The maps in your Microsoft account will be synced on all devices, whether desktop or mobile. Full details will be shared with the web site after the two-factor authentication. You can choose to securely store a copy of the card in the device during authentication.
- Line Focus is a function created to prevent distractions while we read. Allows users to maintain attention on one, three or five lines at once, and attenuates the rest of the page so that the user can read without distractions. Users can navigate using the touch keys or arrow, and the focus changes accordingly.
- Microsoft Edge is now integrated with Windows Speller on the platforms Windows 8.1 and above so that offers more language support, with access to more dictionaries and the ability to use custom dictionaries Windows.
- It enhances the use of PDF documents. When PDF documents are opened with Microsoft Edge, users can create highlights, change color and delete the highlighted.
- The load PDF documents that are longer than have been optimized for the web, the pages that the user is currently viewing will be loaded more quickly in parallel, while loading the rest of the document.
- Now it is easier to start Immersive Reader for a web site simply by pressing the F9 key.
- Now it is easier to start to Read aloud thanks to the use of the key combination (Ctrl + Shift + U).
- Added a command line parameter MSI that allows you to suppress the creation of desktop icons when you install the Microsoft Edge. The following example shows how to use this new parameter: MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi DONOTCREATEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=true. There will be a policy group to support this functionality in an upcoming version.
Added 11 new policies. You can download the “administrative Templates updated” of the home page of the Microsoft Edge Enterprise. Added the following new policies.
- AmbientAuthenticationInPrivateModesenabled: enables the authentication environmental profiles InPrivate and Guest.
- AudioSandboxEnabled: allows you to run the sandbox audio.
- ForceLegacyDefaultReferrerPolicy: allows the use of a reference policy default no-referrer-when-downgrade.
- GloballyScopeHTTPAuthCacheEnabled: enables the caching of HTTP authentication with a global scope.
- Import extensions: allows you to import extensions.
- Import cookies: allows for the import of cookies.
- Import shortcuts: allows you to import shortcuts.
- InternetExplorerIntegrationSiteRedirect: specifies how to behave navigations “in-page” site not configured when it is started from the pages of the Internet mode Explorer.
- StricterMixedContentTreatmentEnabled: allows you to a treatment more stringent for mixed content.
- TLS13HardeningForLocalAnchorsEnabled: enable a security feature in TLS 1.3 for the trust anchors local.
ConfigureOnPremisesAccountAutoSignin: configure the automatic logon with a domain account in Active Directory when there is not a domain account in Azure AD.
The policy OmniboxMSBProviderEnabled is changed to AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderenabled: the title of the policy is to “Enable the Microsoft search suggestions from Bing in the address bar”.
The following policies continue to operate in this version. Will become “obsolete” in a future version.
WebComponentsV0Enabled: re-enable the Web API Components v0 to M84.
- WebDriverOverridesIncompatiblePolicies: Allow WebDriver to override Incompatible.
- Fixes a problem in which the mode IE in the Microsoft Edge caused to display a download dialog continues even after you download the file.
- Fixes an issue in which the Microsoft Edge was removing the session cookie when a page that was already in mode IE is triggered to open in a new tab so IE.
it was originally published in