As the Android operating system, that is, the unique version of the system for televisions and video players are also available Google Play Storethe shop from which you access applications and games. And the store is updated on a frequent basis to receive updates. Do you want to always be the last one? Teach you to update it manually.
There is an operating system that is better adapted to the different types of electronic devices that Android. Carsmobile phones , televisions, all of these devices can take huge advantage of the features of the system. And Android TV get special juice to the possibility of installing applications: thanks to it, the tvs and compatible players can load up on the big screen from Netflix to games. Google Play is the key. And it is never a bad idea to keep the store up-to-date because this way you will get a better service.
Updated the Google Play for your Android TV with APKs
Although it seems a Android different due to the interface adapted to the television and its remote control, the version of the tvs is almost identical to the Android mobile phone. Includes Google Play Store to download applications and games, but does not leave of side the freedom of the user as it keeps the door open to the installation of apps in form of APK files. And this applies to the own Play Store.
Google keeps updating the system, also their applications. A year ago, for example, we changed the look and feel to the store while included different functionalities. Because of this, just taking the latest version to get the latest improvements, regardless of how small. And it is not difficult to force the update of Google Play on Android TV:
- Given that you need to fight with APK files on the tv, it is best to make use of a file manager. Our recommendation is TV File Commander, download it from the store in your tv or player.
- Download the latest file from Google Play from Apk Mirror and upload it to your Google Drive. The best site is the root folder.
- Take the opportunity to upgrade the services of Google Play on your Android TV, so you will not have problems with the store. Download the latest APK and upload it also to the root folder of your Google Drive.
- Access the file manager you just installed and go to the section of Drive. Sign in with your Google account.
- Go to your Google Drive, find the file of Google Play and click on it: your Android TV it will install as an update. In the case that you do not see the update notice does not need to install it: your Google Play is already to the last.
- Search for the APK of the services from Google Play and install it, like with the store.
With the above steps you will have forced the update of the Google Play store and the services that make possible its operation. The files are safe and are without modifyso that you can install them without worries. And it is a process that brings a number of benefits that you should keep in mind.
Advantages of forcing the update of Google Play
- Get the latest updates implemented by Google.
- You will have access to the latest applications and games compatible.
- Update the Google Play and its services you can fix errors operating on your Android TV. That the shop hang, for example; or the closure of a sudden.
- Having the services of Google Play updated protects your privacy and gives more security to your tv set.
In case that you have upgraded the store, and this gives you problems, you can remove that version by going to settings of your Android TV and apps section. Search ‘Google Play’, go to your menu and delete updates: the store will return to the initial state, as fresh out of the factory. Then update it to the latest version available for your Android TV.
it was originally published in