Netflix is ultimately not for you. After testing the VOD service, you simply want to unsubscribe. For that, it is not very complicated. We explain the maneuver just below.
There are several reasons why you might want to unsubscribe from the streaming platform. First of all, the Netflix catalog may have disappointed you, despite its many series, films and documentaries.
How to unsubscribe from Netflix
It is also possible that you have just decided to take advantage of the free month offered by the VOD service. During this period, you binge watermarked the best series from the Netflix catalog, like Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, Dark Where Luke cage. Or, did you prefer to join Amazon Prime Video to watch The Boys, the excellent adaptation of the comics created by Garth Ennis.
Or the appeal of Disney + has seduced you, and more particularly season 2 of The Mandalorian, which for the moment it must be said keeps all its promises. In addition, we must not forget that another major competitor has been present for a year on the market: Apple +, Apple’s streaming platform, with its excellent series such as The Morning Show, winner of the Emmy Awards.
Unsubscribe from Netflix on PC
- Meeting on the netflix site
- Click on your profile or login to your account
- Drag your mouse over your profile picture (top right)
- See you in Account (in the drop-down menu)
- Choose unsubscribe (just below Subscription and billing)
- Confirm by clicking on Complete the cancellation
Unsubscribe from Netflix on smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS)
- Open the Netflix app
- Press on More (the 4 horizontal bars) at the bottom right
- See you in Account
- Netflix will open the cancellation page on your default browser
- Click on unsubscribe (under Where to buy gift cards)
- Press on Complete the cancellation
“The cancellation will be effective at the end of the current billing period” specifies Netflix. During a period of 10 months after termination, your account can be reactivated at any time. Once this period has passed, it will be permanently deleted.
Also to discover: how to delete your Netflix account?