Google has decided, despite not agreeing very much, to activate the possibility to make screenshots in its incognito mode. This is stated in the Chromium error log: traps arrive first as an experimental feature or ‘flag’ to later be available natively among the functions of the final version.
A feature that Google Chrome didn’t allow
Surely it has happened to you more than once while you were browsing incognito mode with Chrome: you needed to take a screenshot and, when you made the gesture on the phone, the browser refused to take said capture, like many of the apps that by security does not allow it. For example, bank applications. Although, if we think about it coldly, it makes no sense to ban it in a browser.
Especially when blocking catches does not mean no advantage over privacy, as recognized by Google engineers. The same engineers in charge of the Chromium project opened the error log (issue) from the demand of a developer. He was complaining about unable to capture screen in Google Chrome when using incognito mode.
How to take screenshots in incognito mode
After all agree that it is a tremendously absurd prohibition to be a browser, it is necessary to know how to achieve it. However, it is not as easy as it seems to be enabled, since access to this option requires the approval of external departments to Chrome. This means that, from the beginning, we will have to resort once again to the flags browser.
However, it is a possibility that we can continue to use in the event that we cannot update the Chrome app to enjoy this function. Is a experimental route, but it does not mean that it should malfunction, quite the opposite, since the chrome flags they are very well established in the browser. To be able to take screenshots in the incognito mode of Google Chrome we must do the following:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your Android
- We enter the experimental menu by entering the address of chrome: // flags
- Search “Incognito screenshot”, which would be to activate the screenshot in incognito mode. We can do it by browsing the screen or typing in your particular search engine.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select “Enable”, that is, «Activate».
- Restart your browser for the changes to take effect. It is not necessary to exit the app and delete it from the task manager, but the button will appear below “Relaunch” for such action.