It is a great step in the sector gaming and especially for Android, which becomes a compatible platform to play Xbox titles through the cloud. First, you have to meet a series of requirements and there are several details to highlight, but without a doubt it is a great advance to play where we want.
What is xCloud?
It is a platform that was born independent of Microsoft although it was still being used for the same purpose. After a trial version, he joined the Xbox Game Pass program, where we can play a large number of games in an unlimited way through a subscription. The members of said subscription can enjoy this service in the cloud.
In general, it offers something very similar to Google Stadia. It is practically a payment platform with installments that contains a collection of Xbox games (not all) and that can be played from anywhere with an internet connection. Therefore, no installation is needed, the servers in the cloud will do the rest, streaming from numerous Xbox One S consoles that are in charge of running the games.
How to play Xbox with mobile on xCloud
The steps to enjoy this service are very simple, just install the Xbox Game Pass app on our terminal, where we will have access to everything. Without downloading APK files or following an installation path. Yes, there is one set of requirements that we must fulfill to play with ease on this platform, some technical and others, not so much:
- Have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription
- Obtain or purchase an Xbox controller with Bluetooth or another compatible controller, since you will not be able to play with the touch screen.
- Have an Android device with a version from 6.0 Marshmallow
- Have an Internet connection –Wi-Fi or LTE / 5G– with a minimum of 10 Mbps download, although you can work with a slightly less amount.
- The Xbox game Pass app for Android installed on your mobile.
If you meet these requirements, you can now start using xCloud to play Xbox titles from mobile. With the app already installed, you must access it and log in with your Microsoft account associated with the Game Pass subscription, as well as link the terminal with the Bluetooth remote. On the other hand, the price of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is usually one price of 12.99 euros, although if you have not activated this service yet, it can cost as little as 1 euro the first month.
In addition, another functionality that this project carries is that it can be played from Android TV, although you must resort to Game Pass APK to install it on the TV and start playing from that device.
Games to enjoy on xCloud
At this service, users will have access to a generous number of Xbox titles, both exclusive and cross-platform. Specifically, you will access more than 100 games to enjoy unlimitedly from September 15, although the catalog will be expanded. These are some examples:
- Ark: Survival Evolved
- Bleeding Edge
- Costume Quest 2
- Crackdown 3 (campaign)
- Destiny 2
- F1 2019
- Forza Horizon 4
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- Gears of war 4
- Gears 5 Ultimate Edition
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Killer Instinct Definitive Edition
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
- Minecraft Dungeons
- The Outer Worlds
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Quantum break
- ReCore: Definitive Edition
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
- State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
- Sunset Overdrive
- Super Lucky’s Tale
- Tell me why
- Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
- The Bard’s Tale Trilogy
- Wasteland 3
- Wasteland remastered
- Yakuza Kiwami 2