Amazon has renewed in Spain its best-selling tablet in this same 2020 with USB C port and front camera in the horizontal frame. This tablet was one of the great Black Friday deals, with the 32 GB base model having been at a very attractive 70 euros.
In your analysis we mentioned that this tablet did not include Google services or the Google Play application store, but that it was nevertheless possible to install them relatively easily. We have been testing, and indeed it is as simple to do as it sounds.
Install Google Play on Amazon Fire HD8: Initial things to consider
- Although the process is simple, it must always be borne in mind that this tablet does not have official Google support, so compatibility is not 100% guaranteed.
- As they are not certified, any application that blocks their installation to devices that do not pass SafetyNet, such as Netflix, will not appear in the store.
- In the case of Netflix, the solution is as simple as downloading it from the Amazon store. In the case of applications that are not there either, your alternative will be stores like UpToDown or download the APK from the internet.
- Before starting it is highly recommended to remove the microSD card from your tablet (if you have one) to prevent the application from installing there. Once the process is finished, you can add it again.
First step, prepare your browser
Installing the Google Play Store on Amazon Fire HD8 is as simple as specifically downloading and installing the necessary files from Google that are required for the mobile services and app store to work.
Although the process is simple, there are some basic guidelines to make it work. The first one is that we must explicitly download and install them in the order we indicate. Once installed,we should not open them until the next step.
The fastest way to download and install them will be through Amazon’s Silk browser, which is already pre-installed on the tablet. To prepare it we will have to go to:
- Security and privacy.
- Apps of unknown origin.
- We selectSilk browser.
- We mark as allowed.
Second step, download and install the APKs
Install them all in order, and when you finish each oneClick on Done, don’t even think about pressing Open.
Once we have the browser ready, we will go to the APKmirror website to download and install the following files.
- Google Account Manager.
- Google Services Framework.
- Google Play Services.
- Google Play Store.
Don’t open the apps yet. First you will have to follow one last step to make sure it does not fail.
Restart the tablet and, now, open Google Play
Once we have installed the four files in order and without opening them, we will simply have to hold down the power button and click onRestart. As its name suggests, restart the tablet and we can open Google Play.
Once opened, the login dialog will appear, so we will have to enter our Google Play username and password.
In principle, everything would be ready to download applications and games. In our experience, the first few minutes the application performs poorly and suffers several forced closures, but once it has enough cached information it will work correctly.
The Amazon Fire was on sale at a price of 70 euros on Black Friday, and although it has already returned to its original price of 99.99 for the 32 GB version with ads, it is still a highly recommended purchase.
Note: Some of the links to stores in this article contain an affiliate code. With them you support our work while confirming that they are reliable stores with guarantees. You will not pay more and we do not compromise our neutrality in link choices.
The entry How to install Google Play on the 2020 Amazon Fire HD8 appears first in The Free Android.