Problem: How to fix Pointer Reference Blue Screen Error in Windows 10?
Hey, I get the REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error which is a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). I don’t know how to fix it and I have no idea what’s going on. I’ve gotten this error multiple times already, and it happens all of a sudden. Could you help me solve this problem?
The Pointer Reference Blue Screen Error is an error that can also be referred to as REFERENCE_BY_POINTER or error 0x00000018. It is a particular problem indicating the reference count of the object which is illegal for the particular state of the object. This BSOD is mainly triggered by a problem driver or software.
Hardware issues may lead to this particular error when the part is faulty and not working properly. The error can appear in the form of a blue screen error with a particular code or a complete message. In most cases, the system is rebooted and the error is fixed manually. However, typically, users report that only Safe Mode is accessible due to this issue.
People who encounter Pointer Reference Blue Screen Error in Windows get frustrated due to unexpected system shutdowns. In most cases, this error suddenly shuts down the system and this occurs in Windows 10 and other older versions of the operating system. This is not a rare Windows 10 problem but it can be triggered by a failed update.
The bug makes the operating system complicated to use, so the sooner you fix problems, the better. Over time, the computer may not even charge properly and not function. Solutions for this problem may include updating old drivers and preparing old files on the system. To do this, run ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 to fix Pointer Reference Blue Screen Error. You can check the affected or damaged parts and fix this problem yourself.
Method 1. Update the graphics drivers
Method 2. Remove problematic software
- Press the keys Windows + R and writes msconfig.
- Press Enter or click on To accept to accept it.
- Once the window appears Windows Settings, Choose Selective Start and uncheck the option Load items at startup.
- Go to the tab Services and check the box that says Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now click on the button Disable all.
- Go to the tab Start and then in Open Task Manager.
- Right click on each item in the list and choose To disable from the menu.
- After disabling the boot items, return to the System configuration and click on Apply Y To accept.
- Check if the computer is working fine after restarting.
Method 3. Run the System File Checker
- Write CMD in search.
- Choose Command Prompt (with administrator rights)
- Once the black screen opens, type Sfc / scannow and press Enter.
- SFC will begin to check for these problems.
- Follow the commands and complete the process.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISP and government from spying on you, you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, encrypting all the information, preventing trackers, advertisements, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Unforeseen circumstances can occur at any time while you are using your computer: it could be due to a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD) or because random Windows updates can restart your computer when you are away for a few minutes. As a result, school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To recover your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of the files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.