Problem: How to fix Minecraft error “Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft Account settings”?
Hi, I recently bought Minecraft and I am having a lot of fun playing solo. The problem has started when I have tried to switch to multiplayer – the button is disabled. When I hover my mouse over it, the error says’ Multiplayer is off. Please check your Microsoft Account settings ». I have not changed any settings in Windows or in the game. How can I solve that?
Minecraft is one of the most popular sandbox games in the world, with a ranking of more than 126 million players around the world. With this popularity, problems with the game do not cease to occur as players run different configurations or versions of the game.
Recently, users have started complaining about the error “Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft Account settings »when they try to join the multiplayer mode of the game. Instead of allowing players to join, the game disables the “Multiplayer” button. Although the game can be fun on its own, multiplayer can enhance the experience and often the gameplay opportunities.
Therefore, it is not surprising that many want to fix the error “Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft Account settings »as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is not much information, as the “Microsoft Account” has nothing to do with this problem.
Apparently most of the people who have encountered the bug have bought the Java version of Minecraft. Which means that it requires a specific permission to run in multiplayer mode. As we have already mentioned, this has nothing to do with the Microsoft account, but rather a problem with the Xbox account if it is set by default.
Previously, we have talked about many other Minecraft errors, such as An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host, io.netty.channel.ConnectTimeoutException connection timed, crashes, and many more. Each of these problems is specific to the game. In order to fix the error ‘Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft Account settings », you will have to run different solutions to the problem.
Remember that if you are experiencing frequent connection problems, blue screens, unexpected shutdowns or random errors, you should check your computer with a maintenance utility such as ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. It can find Windows 10 background problems and fix them automatically. Furthermore, the application can also worry about your system files damaged by malware infections.
Step 1. Make sure Minecraft Launcher is using the correct Microsoft account
- Run the Minecraft Launcher
- Take a look at the Right upper corner from the window – make sure the account is correct
- But, log out from the current account and sign in again with the correct account.
Step 2. Sign in to the correct Microsoft account through the browser
- Open the browser and go to https://account.microsoft.com
- Here, make sure you are using the correct account, again
- If it is not the correct account, click on the account image in the upper right corner of the screen and select Sign in with a different account.
Step 3. Change your Xbox account settings
Step 4. Instructions for child accounts
If you are a parent, it is a good idea to create a child account with particular restrictions. However, in order to allow your child to play Minecraft multiplayer, you must proceed with the following:
- Log out on your Xbox and Microsoft accounts
- Create both accounts (Microsoft / Xbox) infantile if you don’t have it yet
- Once done, log back in in your main account
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/family .
If you haven’t added your child’s account to the family group, here’s how you can do it (if not, skip this step):
- Choose Create family group
- Enter your child’s email (or phone number) and click on Next
- Choose Member and click on Next
- Enter the captcha and click on Invite.
- Sign in to the child’s account to accept the invitation.
Now, enable the children’s account to be able to enter multiplayer games:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to https://account.microsoft.com/family
- Under your child account, select More options> Xbox online settings.
- Go to the section Privacy and Online Protection
- Above, select the child account
- Go to section Xbox One / Windows 10 Online Safety
- Low You can enter multiplayer games, Choose Let and press Keep.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISP and government from spying on you, you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet being completely anonymous, encrypting all the information, preventing trackers, advertisements, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Unforeseen circumstances can occur at any time while you are using your computer: it could be due to a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD) or because random Windows updates can restart your computer when you are away for a few minutes. As a result, school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To get back your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of the files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.