Problem: How to fix EOS ERR 1603 Epic Games failed to install?
Hi there. Every time I try to install Epic Games Online Services, I get the EOS ERR 1603 error. It asks me to install NET Framework 3.5, even though I have it already installed. Any idea what this could be?
Epic Games Online Services is a type of service provided by the company that enables game developers to run and manage their games successfully. Developers can access these services among other platforms, stores, game engines, making it a very convenient tool.
In other words, it is a part of the Software Development Kit (SDK) that makes it easier for developers to create, manage, scale, or operate their game creations. These services were introduced in May 2020, alongside the announcement of Epic Unreal Engine 5.
Although many developers were happy about this iteration (it can be installed through the Epic Games Launcher), others were not very lucky when it came to installing Online Services. These errors are normally marked as “EOS ERR” codes and may include a number pointing to the reason for the problem.
Epic Games EOS ERR 1603 is an error that occurs when trying to install new functionality, an update, or Online Services itself. As a result, game developers are unable to use the services feature. Here is the full message:
Epic online services has failed to install.
Error Code: EOS-ERR-1603
The reason this error occurs is based on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – software development relies heavily on this component. In most cases, it installs alongside Windows updates and should work without a hitch.
However, some programs can interfere with this component and replace particular files with third-party ones. This is one of the main reasons why DLL errors occur (for example, MSVCR71.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll, or MSVCP100.dll). If there is a missing DLL that is causing this problem, we strongly recommend that you try a PC repair tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 to solve this problem for you.
The error suggests downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. However, most of the people have stated that they already have the component installed or that the installation was unsuccessful. Below are several methods that should help you fix the error code EOS-ERR-1603 correctly.
Solution 1. Run Epic Games Launcher as administrator
- Right click on Epic Games Launcher and select Run as managedr
- If the User Account Control appears, click on Yes
- Try to install the required component again.
Solution 2. Run all Windows updates
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is part of Windows Updates, so apply all available updates to make sure you have the component installed.
- Writes Upgrades in Windows search and press Enter
- In the new window, click on Check for updates
- Install whatever is available (including the Optional updates)
- Reboot your system.
Solution 3. Ensure read and write access to Epic Games Launcher
- Writes Epic games in Windows search
- Right click and select Open file location
- Right click on Epic Games Launcher and select Properties
- Go to the tab Security
- Select your username from the list
- Click on Edit
- Select your username and make sure the permissions of Reading and writing are configured to Let
- Click on Apply and To accept.
Solution 4. Shut down the Windows Installer service
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard and open the Task Manager
- Go to the tab Details
- Swipe until you find msiexec.exe
- Select msiexec.exe and select Finish homework.
Solution 5. Run the Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from Microsoft
- Visit the Microsoft official website from the problem solver
- Click on Download troubleshooter
- Once downloaded, double click on the file MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcap
- When it runs, choose the option to Install
Solution 6. Reinstall Epic Games Launcher on your main disk
If Epic Games Launcher has not been installed on the same disk as Windows, you should try installing it on your main disk. Many users said that they managed to fix the EOS ERR 1603 error after reinstalling Epic Games Launcher on their main disk (by default, C:).
Alternatively, you can manually run Epic Games Online Services and install it in the correct path as explained below:
- Press the keys Windows + E to open the File Browser
- Create the following folder:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Epic Games
- Go to the following location:
[your install location]\ Epic Games \ Launcher \ Portal \ Extras \ EOS
- Double click on EpicOnlineServics.msi and install it in the previously created location.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISP and government from spying on you, you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet being completely anonymous, encrypting all the information, preventing trackers, advertisements, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Unforeseen circumstances can occur at any time while you are using your computer: it could be due to a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD) or because random Windows updates can restart your computer when you are away for a few minutes. As a result, school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To get back your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of the files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.