Problem: How to fix CX_FREEZE fatal error?
Hi, I have a problem with my laptop that I bought not too long ago. However, I get the fatal CX_FREEZE error all the time, which says “cannot get zipimporter”. I check the drivers and find nothing weird. No other error appears on the screen, but I can’t use it properly. Help?
The fatal CX_FREEZE error is a critical Windows error that may indicate corruption of your operating system or a particular program. This can sometimes be caused by certain applications running at the same time or by constantly opening the program. Also, extensive boot entries, write errors, and memory leak or unnecessary program installation can trigger the fatal error.
Users declare that the error occurs immediately after installation, but afterwards, it is impossible to know which particular program has triggered the fatal CX_FREEZE error. Sometimes the problem appears when the user tries to click on the Cortana button or home button. Other examples linked to opening games and even without doing any action.
The fatal CX_FREEZE error is not particular to any version of Windows operating system, so all Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 users may encounter this problem. There is no relationship between this fatal error and particular Windows updates, which can sometimes cause other problems with the computer.
The most common CX_FREEZE error can be triggered by:
- Outdated drivers;
- Corrupt files;
- Missing files as a part of Autodesk support.
Fortunately, all of these problems can be fixed and the fatal CX_FREEZE error resolved. You may need to repair some parts of the computer or reinstall a particular game or applications to completely solve the problem. Some potentially unwanted programs can also cause these problems and errors, which is why malware may be the reason.
How to fix fatal CX_FREEZE error
Since there are several different reasons and responsible programs that can cause the problem, you should start with a deep system scan using an anti-malware tool or a system optimizer like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. Then you can try to check all suspicious files. Please try to follow the full methods below and try to solve the problem in this way. However, if you run into this problem, try a few methods before giving up.
Update GPU Drivers to Fix Fatal CX_FREEZE Error
- Open the dialog window with the keys Windows + R and writes devmgmt.msc to open the Device administrator.
- Once it opens, swipe through all the devices and open the menu of Display adapters. There, right click on the graphics card (GPU) you use and select Update driver from the menu that has appeared.
- Then, you should click on Automatically check for updated drivers for the software and wait for the search to finish. Follow the installation of the latest software driver.
- Check if the problem has been solved by restarting the computer.
Fix missing part of AutoDesk support to fix fatal CX_FREEZE error
- Open the dialog and paste the following:
% APPLOCALDATA% \ Autodesk \ webdeploy \ meta \ streamer
- Click on the streamer folder and choose Get rid of from the context menu.
- Then restart your computer and open the AutoDesk updater. It should auto fix itself and replace corrupted files and folders.
- You try to run the application that was triggering the atal error CX_FREEZE to see if the same problem keeps popping up.
Reinstall the game on Steam and thereby fix the fatal error CX_FREEZE
- Opens Steam and select library from the horizontal menu.
- Find the game that was causing this fatal error and right click on it from the left bar.
- Choose Uninstall and then click Get rid of to confirm.
- Reinstall the game and see if the fatal error CX_FREEZE still appears.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
To remain completely anonymous and prevent ISP and government from spying on you, you should use Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet being completely anonymous, encrypting all the information, preventing trackers, advertisements, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop illegal activities that the NSA and other government institutions carry out without your consent.
Unforeseen circumstances can occur at any time while you are using your computer: it could be due to a power outage, a blue screen of death (BSoD) or random Windows updates that may restart your computer when you are away for a few minutes. As a result, school work, your important documents and other data can be lost. To get back your lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through the copies of the files that are still available on your hard drive and recovers them easily.