Problem: How to fix “Access Violation Exception” error in Windows 10?
Hello. How can I fix the access_violation_exception error? It usually appears when I play a video game, but yesterday I received the same message on Facebook. I am using Window s10. Please help!
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION is a Windows specific error message that can be triggered on all versions of the operating system (7, 8, 8.1, etc.). Typically, it is marked by a numeric error code 0xc0000005 and may be nicknamed as Unhandled Exception Access Violation. This is a Windows error that users tend to experience from time to time.
This error is displayed in the form of a pop-up window and prevents PC users from using particular applications normally. Many people have reported that this problem occurs during game play or when running specific applications (Java, Visual Studio, World of Warships, Overwatch, Minecraft, etc.). Sometimes the error appears randomly, but in this case, the pop-up specifies a problem file, for example, nrdll.dll, odbc32.dll, and the like.
According to experts, the Excepcion Access Violation pop-up can be triggered by corrupted programs, which end up corrupting the memory. In other words, the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error means that some parts of the program that the user is trying to run may be trying to access protected memory addresses and access is denied based on protection.
There are variants of the particular EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error and based on the reasons the solutions may be different:
- The java EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error that people experience when using Java, so programs related to it need fix, in particular.
- Unhandled Exception Access Violation Visual Studio error – reinstalling the affected application may resolve the problem more quickly.
- The EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error related to the ntdll.dll files, odbc32.dll shows a particular file that is causing the error.
- The Exception Access Violation Wow, Minecraft, Overwatch error is related to certain games, for which solutions include modifying settings, altering files, or reinstalling applications completely.
In some rare cases, the Exception Access Violation error can be triggered by an anti-virus program. Many people have reported that Kaspersky is the culprit, but there is still no official cause provided that this particular antivirus is the cause of the error, so you should try to disable or remove any third-party anti-virus program to verify that it is not causing the problem.
How to fix the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error
If the antivirus is not the culprit, then we would like to recommend you to check the system with the optimization utility ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. It can deal with problematic system files such as ntdll.dll and odbc32.dll. You can repair other parts of the system and fix unrelated problems, making it easier to fix this error. Also some tools like this can alter Windows Registry entries, repair any damage caused to the computer.
You need to test and check if the computer is running smoothly. Sometimes a quick optimization can fix the error temporarily or permanently. If the problem is related to the application or the game, you can try to fix the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error manually with the help of the methods below.
# 1 Add a program to the Data Execution Prevention exception list
If a specific program is triggering the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error, you should try adding a specific application to the Data Execution Prevention exception list. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel and select Security system.
- Choose System and click on Advanced System Configuration In the left side.
- Open the tab Advanced.
- Click on Setting under Performance and open the tab Data Execution Prevention.
- If Data Execution Prevention is on, click the button Add.
- Now find the .exe file of the program that returns the error EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
- When the program is added to the exclusion list, click Apply and do To accept to save the changes.
- Finally, reboot the system and check if the problem has been solved.
# 2 Run the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter
- Go to the windows search bar and writes Setting.
- Click on the option Updates and Security.
- Click on Hardware and Devices.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter.
# 3 Disable User Account Control
This method is applicable in case you encounter the error when running Java applications. Once you disable User Account Control, try to install or reinstall Java and run its applications.
- Open the Control Panel and select Accounts.
- Click on User account and select the settings Change User Account Control.
- Move the slider until you configure Never notify and click on To accept.
# 4 Create the options.ini file to fix the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error
If the only application affected by the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error is Lord of The Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, try the following methods:
# 5 Reinstall problematic programs
If the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error affected only one application, we would like to recommend that you reinstall it. You can do it through Windows Settings or Control Panel.
- Press the keys Windows + I and select Applications.
- Now find the application that you cannot run due to the error and click on it once.
- Now select Uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can open the Control Panel> Programs and Features.
- Find the application, right click and select Uninstall.
Fix your Errors automatically
The pcseguro.es team is trying to do everything possible to help users find the best solutions to eliminate their errors. If you don’t want to bother with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic programs. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. The tools you can use to fix your error are listed below.
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online registrars as cookies are not only used by social media platforms and other websites, but also by your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings through your browser, you can be tracked through applications that are connected to the Internet. Also, privacy-focused browsers like Tor are not the optimal choice due to decreased connection speed. The best solution to protect your privacy is Private Internet Access – stay anonymous and safe online.
Data recovery programs are one of the best options that can help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it doesn’t vanish into thin air – it stays on the system as long as there’s no new data to overwrite it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery program that searches for copies of deleted files on your hard drive. By using this tool, you can prevent the loss of valuable documents, school assignments, personal pictures, and other crucial files.